Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-06-2012, 07:21 PM   #11 
LadyVictorian

xD awww the lazy boys. It seems a lot of rodent males are lazy, rats and mice are lazy too and girls are CRAZY HYPER ALL THE TIME. There is but two speeds for my female rats...dead asleep and high speed racers....oh and trouble xD can't forget trouble.

I am actually researching into Gambian pouched rats (I want a female...lets see how this ends o.o) and jerboa. Perhaps the larger breed the Greater Egyptian but I need to find a decent breeder. I'm also looking into African Soft Furs, they are neither rats nor mice but closer related to mice and sooooo soft. It's harder to find good breeders for those, or at least people breeding them as loving social pets. Some day I hope. I do a lot of research on rodents and want to write a massive book on it because they are truly amazing and underestimated creatures. I couldn't imagine life without my little rodents. It would be quiet...and boring.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:41 AM   #12 
harleraven

That is exactly why I had male rats. I wanted snugglers. :) Cosmo used to curl up with me to watch TV. He LOVED when I wore a hoodie with a pocket, as he would curl up in there and snooze.

I have to say, though, that it was fun to have two different clans with each sex. The boys were great for cuddles. The girls were a riot to watch literally bouncing off the walls. xD They would all pile into the wheel and try to run at the same time, which resulted in gerbils falling on top of each other. Crazy little things! They also loved to climb the wire portion of their cage, so I played the game of "which gerbils will be on the cage walls when I walk in". It was always a safe bet to guess Pi would be on the walls. I am pretty sure she thought she was part bat, as she would even hang from the top sometimes!
harleraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:07 AM   #13 
gn3ranger

yeah thats true when i had males all they did was sleep eat repeat. My female is very active and tears up any box i put in for her in a day lol, she loves to tear apart anything cardboard such as paper rolls etc.
gn3ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #14 
Thomasdog

For female rats: put a large tissue box in thier cage. Guarenteed laughs for, well, around 10 minutes before tissue box is completely shredded.
Thomasdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #15 
eaturbyfill

I love my female rats. (: They're hyper and snuggly. Whenever we take them out for play time, they get excited and explore everything, then take a nap inside my shirt or wrapped up in my hair. So sweet.
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:22 PM   #16 
LadyVictorian

I can't imagine keeping males, I love females energy levels so much. My girls are fun to watch and twice as fun to play with.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote