Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-09-2012, 07:27 PM   #21 
LittleBettaFish

Okay was just making sure the OP knew you don't need a massive tank to have a successful sorority. Especially if the females are younger and grow up together.

However, I cannot stress how important water quality is when keeping a sorority. It does not take long for something like velvet, columnaris or even ich to kill off a sorority. It's why I am always so stringent about testing my sorority and ensuring all the parameters are perfect.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:36 PM   #22 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
I know this is a bit off topic but how did you get under aquariums an aquarium profile been trying to figure that out is this the proper way to ask that topic?
You mean like the aquarium profile that's linked from under my avatar picture? Well, I don't know why you don't seem to have that. Ask a mod, not sure.

Just to make sure this doesn't get out of topic like Choco said, sororities are a lot of work and time to get into. But, very fun and entertaining. Just make sure to get the biggest tank possible, (10 at least!) cycled, heated, heavily planted or decorated, and have fun. :) Remember to QT and don't worry about some nips or fighting sometimes.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #23 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
You mean like the aquarium profile that's linked from under my avatar picture? Well, I don't know why you don't seem to have that. Ask a mod, not sure.

Just to make sure this doesn't get out of topic like Choco said, sororities are a lot of work and time to get into. But, very fun and entertaining. Just make sure to get the biggest tank possible, (10 at least!) cycled, heated, heavily planted or decorated, and have fun. :) Remember to QT and don't worry about some nips or fighting sometimes.
Yeah and make sure each one looks different so you can tell them apart interesting though most breeders store there females in sorities that are overstocked males in jars only tempary though.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:02 AM   #24 
sandrac8388

Ahh so much to take into account. Lol. Unfortunately I don't have space for that big of a tank. I will be focusing on getting my male betta into a 5 gallon. His water temp is at 72 degrees F. Should this be a bit higer? If so I might have to buy him a bigger tank to include the water heater plus thermometer, accesories, etc. Anyone know of a good water heater that i can use on a 1.5 gallon? if not, then i will def buy a 5 gallon for him. I want him happy and healthy before I even get a sorority started. I know this is off topic. but any advice on heaters would be awesome!
sandrac8388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:09 AM   #25 
Kitty Whiskers

I have 10 Female Bettas in my 30 Gallon tank. The Sorority started out in my 10 Gallon tank with about 4 or 5 Female bettas. Then I bought more Females to add to the 10 Gallon (We all know how hard it is to resist Bettas in the store looking all pretty and sooo tempting to bring home! LOL) I was pushing the limit. So soon after, I bought a 30 Gallon tank that came with the tank stand, hood, light, some decorations, heaters, air pumps, fake plants, brine shrimp eggs, test kit, plus more at a garage sale all for 40 dollars!

I agree that 10 is a good size to start a sorority. Just don't push the limit of fish in there like I did. (Hard to do I know because the Bettas almost beg us to buy them and bring them home)
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote