Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-09-2012, 08:58 PM   #11 
homegrown terror

the only time i'd ever use something like that is if i had to travel out of town to buy a betta, and didn't want him to have to make the trip back in a seller cup.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #12 
megaredize

you wont find much support here on .5 gallon being okay for a betta or any fish. .5 is way too small
megaredize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #13 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLeyla View Post
I can't tell if you're being serious or not... :I
A cat in a bowl can escape and the air does not became poisonous a Betta will never thrive in a tank like that.P.S. I am always serious some people do laugh at some of my crazy opinion.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:26 PM   #14 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Hello!!!!! anyone there also I found the pic a good anti bowl Pic.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:30 PM   #15 
Leeniex

I think you are preaching to the choir on this board and should maybe educate those people who don't know what is best for their bettas.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:32 PM   #16 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeniex View Post
I think you are preaching to the choir on this board and should maybe educate those people who don't know what is best for their bettas.
I do focus on that and what does "preaching to the choir" mean I just wanted to show you all this terrible tank. You can tell by my avatar and sig how anti bowl I am I define a bowl as a gallon and smaller.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:27 PM   #17 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
I do focus on that and what does "preaching to the choir" mean I just wanted to show you all this terrible tank. You can tell by my avatar and sig how anti bowl I am I define a bowl as a gallon and smaller.
preaching to the choir means advocating for something to people who already agree with you.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:48 PM   #18 
Bettafish

Its pathetic to see the planted reviews in there. No person takes that much time to review something in such deatail and spell everything right and use the items name.

Disgusting and pathetic.

"I picked up one of these aquariums because I had a betta that was picking on my other fish in another aquarium. This tank is perfect for him and for the money a great purchase. I would recommend doing a partial water change every week or two since it is a small tank and left over fish food will acculumate"

"I got this tank in August, and I think it's great. The long shape gives the fish plenty of room to swim around-- more than those cube tanks that are so trendy right now. I like that it came w/a stand, too, since the raised tank is easier to see on my end table. I haven't tried to use the divider. The lid is good, since bettas are known to jump out of the water. I put some rocks and a little plant in it-- still plenty of room, but you need to buy the tiny plants. I did end up having to get a heater and thermometer (there's a notch in the lid so you can run a cord out and still shut the lid) bc it gets cold in the house. I change the water and rinse the rocks every week since there's no filter. It does great and the price can't be beat"

U cant fit all of that in there!
Bettafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:51 PM   #19 
Luimeril

i think the kitten in the bowl is just to show the size. :I a kitten is cramped. a betta would be cramped. kinda thing. idk. :I

yeah, well.... they say goldfish can go in one gallons. what do you expect? they're in it for the money. WE know a .5 gallon is just water change day holding tank. newbies see cute tank they can divide for two. they gotta be educated.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:44 AM   #20 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Its pathetic to see the planted reviews in there. No person takes that much time to review something in such deatail and spell everything right and use the items name.

Disgusting and pathetic.

"I picked up one of these aquariums because I had a betta that was picking on my other fish in another aquarium. This tank is perfect for him and for the money a great purchase. I would recommend doing a partial water change every week or two since it is a small tank and left over fish food will acculumate"

"I got this tank in August, and I think it's great. The long shape gives the fish plenty of room to swim around-- more than those cube tanks that are so trendy right now. I like that it came w/a stand, too, since the raised tank is easier to see on my end table. I haven't tried to use the divider. The lid is good, since bettas are known to jump out of the water. I put some rocks and a little plant in it-- still plenty of room, but you need to buy the tiny plants. I did end up having to get a heater and thermometer (there's a notch in the lid so you can run a cord out and still shut the lid) bc it gets cold in the house. I change the water and rinse the rocks every week since there's no filter. It does great and the price can't be beat"

U cant fit all of that in there!
Wow that is terrible and the person who said the fish were getting picked on in their "aquarium". And they are not changing the water enough.