Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #11 
starrlamia

just push some root tabs in close to the swords and crypts and then add the fertiilzer straight to the water column. The wisteria and anarchis can absorb through roots they grow but they do much better with it in the water column.

You shouldnt get algae, just add once a week, if you see any algae run your lights for less time, though TB I run my lights for 12 hours a day and havent had any algae issues. Algae wont grow unless there is too much of something so if you get algae you either need to add less fertilizer or use less light. :)
starrlamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #12 
tsukiowns

Yeah I think I was using to much fert hen I got my Alfred for the amOunt of plants I had oh cool so that mixture should last me for a while... What is the ratio or math you use to make the mix for a ten gallon tank?? And how much o the mix use a week?? Sorry for so many question I just got into the NPT realm lol
tsukiowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #13 
starrlamia

if you use the liquid stuff (api, seachem, aqueon) then it will say on the bottle how much to use. For dry ferts there are a bunch of different methods you could use. i would probably do something like this:

1/8 tsp KNO3 (unless you have high nitrates in your tank than I would use KS204)
1/32 tsp KH2PO4
1/32 tsp trace elements (flourish if you want or csmb+)

I would add all of that into a solution, say 500ml and dose 250ml one week and 250ml the next week (unless you wanna split the above into two, which would be a pain, not sure you can get 1/64 tsp measures lol)

This is based off of EI or estimative index dosing. Do you have a dirted tank (soil etc?).
Old 09-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #14 
tsukiowns

No it's just fine gravel... And I don't think I want to dive In to dry ferts yet lol so I will use the mixture of Aqueon and flourish for macro and micro which I just cut half the dose for 10g and add Half and half to my tank with the root tabs for the root aspect of the aquarium... Does this sound like a good plan ???
Old 09-07-2012, 07:14 PM   #15 
starrlamia

ok

I would add root tabs, 1 under swords and 1 under crypts (usually people put them every 6 inches or so, for a 10 gallon I would put 2 under where your rooted plants are), then dose the liquids as they are recommended on the bottle. If you are unsure about the amount on the bottle start with half for teh first month and then you can up it if your plants show signs of deficiencies.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:19 AM   #16 
corwinlame

I think both mixture are best for nutrients so always try to prefer good plants food. I think this is perfect light for your tank and if you use CO2 booster it make your plant green. Plants are living things that require food.
corwinlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:26 AM   #17 
tsukiowns

Yeah I put three tabs one for each section of my tank no more than 2 inch away from my plants and I added Half the recommended dose of flourish and aqueon plant food as well as a full dose of co2 booster these plant should be healthier looking in no time I will post pictures of before and after