Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-09-2012, 02:35 PM   #14451 
MollyJean

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngesRadieux View Post
Except most of the class is English or creative writing majors. -.- And they've all taken other writing classes before and in my first two years of college I never had the chance to take a writing course. I write a lot, and a lot of times I'll post it online on sites like Fictionpress, but in the last like five years I can count on one hand the number of times I've shown my work to anyone but a teacher.

I also to a bunch of text based role playing. So, again, people see my writing that way. But, that's also over the internet and not people I'm seeing face to face. And it's not like my role playing partners are the toughest critics. They aren't going to give me critiques on my prose or anything, so it's not really the same.

And especially because it's the FIRST assignment, and it'll only be the second class. I'd be more okay with it if a few weeks had gone by, we'd handed in a couple prompts to the professor already, and I was getting to know some of the people in the class. I'd still be nervous, but I'd feel a bit more comfortable if we waited until the semester was a little further along to start having the entire class read our work.
Just remember, even if they have been there longer then you, it's still a class room, and they're still learning too. I bet a lot of people in that class felt the same way you do right now. I bet they've all been scared someone would see their writing and think it was crap. Maybe since they've been their longer, they'll understand that everyone has to start somewhere.
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #14452 
MollyJean

.. And now my husband is telling me I'm a bad person for expressing my views like that. Yeah.. I guess he's right, I didn't have to say I disagreed, I could have kept my mouth shut.
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #14453 
Pilot00

So... Everything that I could prepare is ready for my moving to Sweden. I don't think I will sleep too much today because anxiety seems to finally take a grip. Lets hope everything will go well over there.

So how do you spend 4 hours inside an airplane? Unfortunately I don't have something to read.

As the time approaches I feel more and more sad that I will be leaving Piou (my VT betta) and my 2 canaries behind. At least my father can take care of them.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #14454 
teeneythebetta

Have a safe trip!
When I moved 5 years ago we drove 21 hours straight to our new house... With my parents, 4 kids (one was a newborn) and two medium sized dogs.
In one car. fun fun lol
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:29 PM   #14455 
dramaqueen
Banned

Try 14 hours in a plane. Lol. Fortunately we were fed well and often. Lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #14456 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyJean View Post
.. And now my husband is telling me I'm a bad person for expressing my views like that. Yeah.. I guess he's right, I didn't have to say I disagreed, I could have kept my mouth shut.
But wait... doesn't that make HER a bad person too? She expressed her opinion by posting that. I'm confused. That's why I don't get on facebook, it's nothing but pictures and words. If I want to send someone a post card I will send it in the mail. I believe in God but geez. We all have a right to express our opinions. It's up to the person wether they are going to get offended by it or get over it.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:56 PM   #14457 
thekinetic

Quote:
No, you're not a bad person! It's your right to disagree, and I feel more people should because they'd be a lot happier if they did. It's not right to have to keep silent to save feelings nor is it right to go through life thinking no one will ever disagree with you.

Now my rant for the day: I just feel like blah, so much so I just want to get into bed curl up and sleep this day off like a bad hangover.
thekinetic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:58 AM   #14458 
SnowySurface

Quote:
I probably would have done the same thing.

I personally hate the emails that end with, "So many people forward sinful emails. Forward this email to 10 friends if you love Jesus! If you delete this, then have fun burning in Hell. " Putting "Jesus" in a supertitious and hateful email that offends all other religions doesn't make it a faith revitalizing and loving email that is acceptable to all moral people.

I'm not going to get good luck if I send an email to 10 friends.

I'm not going to get a wish granted if I send a chain email to 10 friends.

I'm not going to re-affirm my believe in God or improve my chances of getting into heaven by sending a chain email to 10 friends.

Don't send me those emails. They will get deleted no matter how many times "Jesus" appears in the body. They will get deleted even if there was a lovely pray above the, "forward or burn" message. Those chain emails do nothing but give false hope because I always think, "Aw. This relative wants to give me an inspirational message!. Then I read the message....

Now, that's not to say every religious email I get is a chain email. I like the ones that have an actual Christian message that I can share or delete without being judged by the sender. That's why I keep reading the chain emails by accident. But I have told people that I don't forward religious chain emails in a respectable way. If your response wasn't down right nasty, your Aunt was in the wrong for defriending you.
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:51 PM   #14459 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowySurface View Post

I personally hate the emails that end with, "So many people forward sinful emails. Forward this email to 10 friends if you love Jesus! If you delete this, then have fun burning in Hell. " Putting "Jesus" in a supertitious and hateful email that offends all other religions doesn't make it a faith revitalizing and loving email that is acceptable to all moral people.

I'm not going to re-affirm my believe in God or improve my chances of getting into heaven by sending a chain email to 10 friends.

Don't send me those emails. They will get deleted no matter how many times "Jesus" appears in the body. They will get deleted even if there was a lovely pray above the, "forward or burn" message. Those chain emails do nothing but give false hope because I always think, "Aw. This relative wants to give me an inspirational message!. Then I read the message....

Now, that's not to say every religious email I get is a chain email. I like the ones that have an actual Christian message that I can share or delete without being judged by the sender. That's why I keep reading the chain emails by accident. But I have told people that I don't forward religious chain emails in a respectable way. If your response wasn't down right nasty, your Aunt was in the wrong for defriending you.
I delete emails that I don't who they're from and if it's from a relative I go to them and get in their face about it. Typically.

Of course there is worse I could do such as reply with a mail bomb (an email program that fills their inbox with thousands of emails) or a virus email. Or I can hack their pc and put up various inappropriate images on the desktop and/or run a nasty program called "kill disk".
thekinetic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:00 PM   #14460 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowySurface View Post

_

I got something one time that said if you like this and want to share it then that's great but if you choose not to forward it then that's fine, too because God is not dependent on e mail.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou