Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-10-2012, 03:04 PM   #171 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I want a Cat so bad but my mom is terribly allergic.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:06 PM   #172 
teeneythebetta

Aww that sucks!
Just please whatever you do- if the landlord says you can get one but it has to be declawed.. PLEASE dont declaw! Maybe adopt a declawed one from a shelter? The procedure is much more than removing claws.. and i dont want to explain it xD

I used to be allergic too when I was younger, but luckily grew out of it having volunteered at a no kill shelter with 80 cats and coming home to two of my own
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #173 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
I want a Cat so bad but my mom is terribly allergic.
The only animals I seem to be allergic to are cockatiels and budgies...They have this weird dander called "powder feathers" and it's basically just that.
finnfinnfriend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #174 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
Aww that sucks!
Just please whatever you do- if the landlord says you can get one but it has to be declawed.. PLEASE dont declaw! Maybe adopt a declawed one from a shelter? The procedure is much more than removing claws.. and i dont want to explain it xD

I used to be allergic too when I was younger, but luckily grew out of it having volunteered at a no kill shelter with 80 cats and coming home to two of my own
No I hate altering animals in any way except spaying/neutering. The landlord says no cats at all anyway. I think he just has something against cats because he allows dogs lol.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:13 PM   #175 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
No I hate altering animals in any way except spaying/neutering. The landlord says no cats at all anyway. I think he just has something against cats because he allows dogs lol.
Haha okay :D Its sad that landlords support something like that often requiring people to do so just to keep their cat.
My cousin's landlord hated cats too. They brought a dog but had to rehome their cat! Its ridiculous.

My dogs have been more of a nuisance than the cats at my house!
Old 09-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #176 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
Haha okay :D Its sad that landlords support something like that often requiring people to do so just to keep their cat.
My cousin's landlord hated cats too. They brought a dog but had to rehome their cat! Its ridiculous.

My dogs have been more of a nuisance than the cats at my house!
You would think they usually would be! But maybe he just doesn't like that cats like to climb on/in stuff...
Old 09-10-2012, 03:42 PM   #177 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

My neighbors have three cats they adopted one is de clawed because someone took him to the Vet had him de clawed and left him there The cat is lucky PETA didn't find him all there cats are adopted and only one was adopted as a kitten. I love my dog but our parents refused to adopt they had to get a Labrador with field blood. The lady was a farmer and did small breeding she seemed nice our dog came with a tracking chip corn food and paperwork I wish we had an adopted dog but our dog is great.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:47 PM   #178 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
My neighbors have three cats they adopted one is de clawed because someone took him to the Vet had him de clawed and left him there The cat is lucky PETA didn't find him all there cats are adopted and only one was adopted as a kitten. I love my dog but our parents refused to adopt they had to get a Labrador with field blood. The lady was a farmer and did small breeding she seemed nice our dog came with a tracking chip corn food and paperwork I wish we had an adopted dog but our dog is great.

That is horrible that someone put their cat through declawing and then left it behind. Grrrrrrrr!!!
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:50 PM   #179 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romad View Post
That is horrible that someone put their cat through declawing and then left it behind. Grrrrrrrr!!!
Yes it is but he has a great life now although I might be remembering it wrong I know for sure he was de clawed and he was left at a vet but he is a little lazy and fat.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #180 
teeneythebetta

Im sure he has a great life despite the fact that he has bones, tendons and claws missing from his paws.
I hope his new owners love him lots!