Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #671 
djembekah

i will work on pictures! still lacking a good camera though....i will try at least!
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:53 AM   #672 
SpookyTooth

Olympia those frog photos are BRILLIANT!

I've had the temptation to divide the 14gal into two sections and have one for froggies but I've had to resist, seeing Kaze scoot around so hyper-like when he sees me just makes me want to give him the entire tank space more.

I wonder how he'd take to tank mates... he flares at his snails sometimes but only when he doesn't realize they are sat above his face and they startle him... silly feesh.
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:35 PM   #673 
djembekah

ugh Frogger is not moving much today. I'm concerned about his food intake. :/ i guess he needs to be target fed, so i'll try bloodworms soon.

and i'm floating him in the community tank. I dont hvae a heater for Zeddie yet, because the tank was like 75 degrees for weeks, but its suddenly cooling down.

Last edited by djembekah; 09-10-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:25 AM   #674 
SpookyTooth

I hope everything is okay, djembekah!

I went to my favourite aquatics store today and they had African dwarf frogs in stock! AHHH!!! I've seen loads of photos but haven't yet had the opportunity to see them face to face -- they are SO much more adorable than I imagined! Loads of them were asleep in the back corner piled on top of each other! I literally yelled in the store "THEY HAVE THE FROGS IN STOCK!" when I saw them, there was a man just ahead of my mother and me with a pram and I felt a little embarassed but wow! They were just too cute so obviously I had to squee.

I was so tempted to buy a pair but I'm in the middle of arranging things for Kaze's 54 litre so I decided I'd hold off for now, I'm not sure if they'll have the frogs in stock again for a while (they sell very quickly apparently) but on the bright side: I got an AMAZING piece of driftwood for 5! This thing is almost as big as Kaze's new tank and will need to be cut down slightly to fit so I'm utterly blown away. I love that store, they also gave me a smaller piece of wood (not for aquariums but they had it anyway for some reason) for free, I'll be using it for my stick insects once the eggs hatch.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:39 AM   #675 
athenr3134

whoa this is overload he needs room to swim. hence why i can see why he hides in the coral you should take out the two jugs let me breath more. you can fill the back of the tank with plants but leave some open space so he can enjoy it more.
athenr3134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #676 
Chesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by djembekah View Post
ugh Frogger is not moving much today. I'm concerned about his food intake. :/ i guess he needs to be target fed, so i'll try bloodworms soon.

and i'm floating him in the community tank. I dont hvae a heater for Zeddie yet, because the tank was like 75 degrees for weeks, but its suddenly cooling down.
Bekah. . .I'm confused!!! You're floating the FROG in the community tank? Or the Betta?! If you are floating the frog, don't! That's going to stress him out, and he CERTAINTY won't eat that way - plus, they jump, and they have really sensitive skin, so a lot of catching and moving and touching can be really bad for them! The frog should be okay if the temps stay in the lower 70's, they're cold blooded, so the cooler temperatures will cause them to be less active (and possibly eat less) I want to say that 72ish is the low end of their range, of course 75-80 is better. But they do NOT do well to quickly shifting temperatures at all. If it is at all possible, get the poor little dude a heater, like right now! Winter is coming!

And I don't remember what you were feeding him, but mine don't take the pellets at all, ever. So getting the wet-frozen bloodworm is a fantastic idea. I've never seen a frog refuse bloodworm! I had good luck feeding my frog by hand when he lived in community. It took a day or two for her to get used to it, but she did great. I've also had good luck using an oral syringe, and a lot of people use turkey basters to target feed, because it lets them get the food to the frog without putting their hands in the water.

Good luck! Please let me know how he's doing - you really ARE having a tough tank week *hugs*
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:16 AM   #677 
Chesh

Oooooh! SPOOKS!!! I'm glad you finally got a chance to see the babies in person - they ARE cute, aren't they!?? D'aaaaaaaaaw!!! *luffs froggies* I can just imagine you shouting in the middle of a shop, heehee. I know the feeling, though.

Good job waiting until you're really ready. It is. Patience is ALWAYS the way to go with all things aquatic (and probably just all things in general, lol) BUT MAN!!! And you have an extra tank and EVERYTHING! And Kaze is about to move. . . GAH! I'd have had a hard time passing this one up - I'm proud of you!

AND congrats on the driftwood score! That's a great price! Never have figured out why it's so darn expensive - it's WOOD! lol. . .PLUS a freebie - fantastic! I can't wait until those little sticks of yours hatch! See? IMPATIENT!!!
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #678 
SpookyTooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesherca View Post
Oooooh! SPOOKS!!! I'm glad you finally got a chance to see the babies in person - they ARE cute, aren't they!?? D'aaaaaaaaaw!!! *luffs froggies* I can just imagine you shouting in the middle of a shop, heehee. I know the feeling, though.

Good job waiting until you're really ready. It is. Patience is ALWAYS the way to go with all things aquatic (and probably just all things in general, lol) BUT MAN!!! And you have an extra tank and EVERYTHING! And Kaze is about to move. . . GAH! I'd have had a hard time passing this one up - I'm proud of you!

AND congrats on the driftwood score! That's a great price! Never have figured out why it's so darn expensive - it's WOOD! lol. . .PLUS a freebie - fantastic! I can't wait until those little sticks of yours hatch! See? IMPATIENT!!!
Bwahahah. I'm really glad I chose to wait, I'm exhausted and couldn't handle another tank right now. Hopefully once Kaze is nicely settled and the aquarium has established I can look at what supplies I have left over and maybe see about reusing Echo's old 27 litre -- I can imagine a frog pair in there and it'd fit beautifully on my desk.

I find it a wee bit coincidental that I bought Echo after discovering how difficult the frogs may be to get and then after he's gone (swim in peace ) the frogs suddenly show up. Still, patience is most certainly a virtue.

I uploaded some photos of the driftwood to the filter journal -- I'm going to end up destroying (er... carefully pulling plants off) Kaze's current bit of driftwood and nabbing the plants on it so I can attach them to the new piece. I'm also in love with this piece of bark!

(Not quite frog related but I will say that one egg of Terra's is very pale. I've never seen an egg this colour before, not in any of the photos I've seen so I'm keeping a close eye on it. Hope it hatches, would be interesting to see if it's a unique baby.)
Old 09-11-2012, 12:21 PM   #679 
djembekah

the frog is floating Chesh- Zeddie's tank got down to like 68 degrees :( Would it be better just to put Frogger back in there? i feel so bad about how cold it is. I cant get a heater in there until next payday.

If it's normal behavior though, I can put him back in there. Just worried me ;-;
Old 09-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #680 
Gizmothefreaky

That will be very cold for him, but it is much safer than being in a cup. Although if you have a net breeder you can put in the community, you could make a lid with plastic wrap and then it would be safe. :)
Gizmothefreaky is offline   Reply With Quote