Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #1 
babystarz

Pineapple Butterfly OHM x Mustard Gas HM

My daddy arrived today! I'm curious as to how my potential pairing stacks up?

Here's dad:

And I have two female siblings as moms: (all these pics are of the same female)

The only concern I have is that the girls are HUGE. Daddy is bigger because of his fins, but I know that the size of the girls could make embracing difficult.
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:25 PM   #2 
lelei

OMg,, that OHM is sooo gorgeous..Wow, from AB?? they will have some beautiful babies:)
He's a male, he will figure out how to make that work..lol")
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:36 PM   #3 
babystarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
OMg,, that OHM is sooo gorgeous..Wow, from AB?? they will have some beautiful babies:)
He's a male, he will figure out how to make that work..lol")
Haha! Here's hoping his manly instincts take care of everything The females are from AB, the male is actually from eBay. Those pics are from the seller. She's partnered with a Thai breeder who sends the fish to her.

Daddy is settling in well to my 6 gal Zen tank, I had to kick my tiny turquoise girl out of there and she's not happy with temporarily being in the fry net in her sister's tank :P But she seriously didn't need all 6 gallons to herself XD

Daddy did have some tail biting going on but I sprang for overnight shipping so he didn't have time to seriously rip himself up. And his color was still good so he should be happy and healthy very soon. I put a fresh IAL in his tank too :)
Old 09-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #4 
lelei

Sounds like your well on your way..ooh, la la..gonna be some happy fishies in there soon..hahaha..I hope all goes well..1st breeding attempt?

Last edited by lelei; 09-11-2012 at 12:50 PM. Reason: stupid computer..lol
Old 09-11-2012, 12:53 PM   #5 
babystarz

Yep, this will be my very first spawn if all goes well :) I've been doing lots of research and gathering equipment together, I have several cultures of fry food either already here or on the way plus BBS eggs and a hatchery/decapper. The only thing I'm really waiting on now is the sponge filter for the breeding tank. Then once that is all set up I will start conditioning everyone ^^

I also ave a 20gal Long growout tank planted in substrate, and 120 32oz mason jars for juvenile males. Still need to get some shelving put in for those but I have a little time for that.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:03 PM   #6 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by babystarz View Post
Yep, this will be my very first spawn if all goes well :) I've been doing lots of research and gathering equipment together, I have several cultures of fry food either already here or on the way plus BBS eggs and a hatchery/decapper. The only thing I'm really waiting on now is the sponge filter for the breeding tank. Then once that is all set up I will start conditioning everyone ^^

I also ave a 20gal Long growout tank planted in substrate, and 120 32oz mason jars for juvenile males. Still need to get some shelving put in for those but I have a little time for that.
Oh, wow..there is a lot involved, how does one go about it, it's just tooooooooo complicated for me..I hope it goes well for you, will you be selling them here, or on AB? I love, love that OHM, he is gorgeous..the combo of the 2 will be soo purdy
Old 09-11-2012, 01:06 PM   #7 
Mo

Wow. The male is so nice!
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:07 PM   #8 
babystarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
Oh, wow..there is a lot involved, how does one go about it, it's just tooooooooo complicated for me..I hope it goes well for you, will you be selling them here, or on AB? I love, love that OHM, he is gorgeous..the combo of the 2 will be soo purdy
Reading, and asking lots of questions seems to be the best way to figure out every detail, that and being sure to plan well ahead!

I will definitely be offering some of the babies here, since people here have been so helpful and I know they'll go to good homes. I may also put some on AB depending on how they turn out :) I know that since this is my first time the surviving spawn might not be terribly numerous, but then again I could end up with hundreds :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo View Post
Wow. The male is so nice!
Thanks Mo :) Since my name as a breeder means nothing at this point, I wanted to start out with stock that speaks for itself to give the babies a great chance at finding homes.

Last edited by babystarz; 09-11-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #9 
finnfinnfriend

The male looks awesome! Idk about that female though... Her topline doesnt look to good... But maybe thats just the camera angle??
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #10 
babystarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
The male looks awesome! Idk about that female though... Her topline doesnt look to good... But maybe thats just the camera angle??
Possibly, what are you noticing about it? I'm still learning about form.