Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-11-2012, 11:35 AM   #14471 
MollyJean

Yes, the meds are worth it, and any guy worth having in your life isn't going to base his opinion of you on your weight. Take the meds if you need them, and change how you eat if you need to, or get more exercise, but any man who finds you unattractive because you're a few pounds over isn't one you need. You can do better then a judgmental jerk.

I've been on anti-depressants most of my life and my weight goes all over the place. My husband has always been very supportive, but really, there's a lot more to a relationship then looks.
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:32 PM   #14472 
TheCrabbyTabby

I just don't see the justification of sacrificing my health just so my mood is more calm and stable. I mean, heavy set people, like myself, are prone to high blood pressure, hypertension, diabetes (which runs in my family so I'm at an increased risk of getting it btw), joint problems/pain (which will lead to severe arthritis, heart attacks, breathlessness, sleep apnea, insomnia, low self esteem, eventual loss of mobility, and high cholesterol.

I can't see any justification in increasing the chance that I'll have all of these things, just to calm me down a little. If it were up to me, I wouldn't have these medications at all. I want to be at a healthy weight again. And its not just that. I want to be able to shop in a normal store, and buy cute things off of the rack and be able to actually fit in them like a healthy sized person would. I don't want to have to hide my flabby belly behind pleats and folds and ruffles. I am 28 years old, and I don't want to dress like a schoolmarm anymore.

Don't get me wrong. I don't get fashion these days, but I do want to be able to wear some things I think are cute, but I can never pull off because of how heavy I am. I want to wear a bikini again, with the midriff exposed. Not some itty bitty string bikini, but maybe something in between what I currently wear and what the other girls my age wear at the beach. I am tired of having to hide behind cloth because my body is too flabby and lumpy.

I just don't feel pretty. Every girl deserves the right to feel pretty, right? Well, I don't. I just feel gross and ugly and old.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:16 PM   #14473 
tpocicat

Have you talked to your doctor about this? There may be something else that could help without the weight gain.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:18 PM   #14474 
TheCrabbyTabby

Yes. Numerous times, to which I get the same emotionless reply, "Its the least likely of its kind to cause weight gain."

Bah. I am fed up with this.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:58 PM   #14475 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrabbyTabby View Post
I just don't see the justification of sacrificing my health just so my mood is more calm and stable. I mean, heavy set people, like myself, are prone to high blood pressure, hypertension, diabetes (which runs in my family so I'm at an increased risk of getting it btw), joint problems/pain (which will lead to severe arthritis, heart attacks, breathlessness, sleep apnea, insomnia, low self esteem, eventual loss of mobility, and high cholesterol.

I can't see any justification in increasing the chance that I'll have all of these things, just to calm me down a little. If it were up to me, I wouldn't have these medications at all. I want to be at a healthy weight again. And its not just that. I want to be able to shop in a normal store, and buy cute things off of the rack and be able to actually fit in them like a healthy sized person would. I don't want to have to hide my flabby belly behind pleats and folds and ruffles. I am 28 years old, and I don't want to dress like a schoolmarm anymore.

Don't get me wrong. I don't get fashion these days, but I do want to be able to wear some things I think are cute, but I can never pull off because of how heavy I am. I want to wear a bikini again, with the midriff exposed. Not some itty bitty string bikini, but maybe something in between what I currently wear and what the other girls my age wear at the beach. I am tired of having to hide behind cloth because my body is too flabby and lumpy.

I just don't feel pretty. Every girl deserves the right to feel pretty, right? Well, I don't. I just feel gross and ugly and old.
I know how hard it is. I got thyroid disease and my tiny figure went out the window. But it was the best thing that ever happened to me and I have embraced my weight and love myself. I will never be thin again and I'm okay with that. You need to remember that all of the illnesses you mentioned are genetic. If they run in your family you should be concerned not just because of you weight. Weight does not cause the problems, genetics do, weight just worsens them in some people not all. I can tell you as an obese person I can do whatever a thin person can. I can even still out my feet behind my head. My husband weighs four hundred pounds and he is the hardest and most valued worker in his workplace.

Weight doesn't equal Illness. If you look at most people that are fat they got fat after getting an illness. Doctors lie to scare people. What makes a fat person Ill is inactivety, poor diet and poor mental health when they get fat. Your mental state is more important than the slim chance you may get an illness. And some men like big bottoms just for future reference.

Last edited by Shirleythebetta; 09-11-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #14476 
TheCrabbyTabby

My family has a history of heart attacks, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, and joint problems (mostly in the knees).
Old 09-11-2012, 09:46 PM   #14477 
Shirleythebetta

Knee problems suck. They run in my family too. I haven't gotten them yet. That starts way early in mine though. Mom was nine when she had arthritis diagnosed. How tall are you? It sounds like your psychiatrist isn't worried abt your weight. Mine goes out of his way to keep me off of weight gaining meds u may need a new doc if your that worried abt your weight. Oh if ur a d diet person try a gluten free diet.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:00 PM   #14478 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrabbyTabby View Post
My family has a history of heart attacks, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, and joint problems (mostly in the knees).
Holy crap are you related to me or something, my family has those exact same problems?! I don't know if that would be cool or weird?
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:01 PM   #14479 
TheCrabbyTabby

I am actually quite short. 5'3" to be exact. So my fat really shows. I was a slim size 5 but now I am a size 16.

We could be related, Kinetic, or we could just have a lot in common. I am leaning towards the latter because I don't have any known male relatives who are 28 years old and gay.

Hey, maybe we are fated to meet. Or I might just watch and read way too much destiny related fiction.

Last edited by TheCrabbyTabby; 09-11-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:11 PM   #14480 
Shirleythebetta

Try the gluten free diet. I lost forty pounds on it. Avoid wheat whey barley and rye. You will notice a difference.

Tags
bettathanyou