Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Contests
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-03-2012, 03:43 AM   #1 
KadenJames

Talking Donation Thread for Win A Betta Raffle #2!

It's time again - Let's have a community "Win A Betta" Raffle!
This raffle is not created by, sponsored by or hosted by Bettafish.com / TropicalFishKeeping.com. In participating in this contest, you do so at your own discretion, removing any liability to Bettafish.com and TropicalFishKeeping.com and its affiliates.

Here's what's changed:
*This raffle contest is funded by donation only. Last time I was able to pay for everything myself, but this time around I'm not in the financial position to do so. Below, I've created a donation button which will direct you to MY paypal account. There is no minimum or maximum to the donations. You are by no means required to donate in order to enter the contest. But, if everyone pitches in even a little, we can kick off the start even sooner. Your donations are secure, and will be used for the raffle contest only. Donating to the raffle does NOT increase your odds of winning.

The limit to the price of the prize fish is $30. This limit includes the typical $5 buy-it-now fee, since we are not allowing auction bids.

*The cap for the donations is going to be $80.00 (USD). This donation cap includes:

- $30 Price of Fish
(The BUY IT NOW cost of the fish on Aquabid)

- $5 Breeder Fee
(What the breeder charges to send the fish to the airport)

- $45 Express Shipping Fee
(What the transshipper charges to send the fish to your door.)

Any money left over in the donation pool after the raffle is completed will be added to the pool for the next raffle. Depending on how long it takes to refill the donation pool, this raffle may become a regular event.

*Donations sent to my paypal account for this raffle may not be refunded or withdrawn.

Below is a link to the current donation pool status, tracking how far away the contest is from reaching $80.00 USD. It will be updated regularly in this thread.

http://www.bettaraffle.yolasite.com

Once we reach the goal of $80, I will open the window of entry, give you all a deadline and we will have the raffle.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me.

Last edited by KadenJames; 09-03-2012 at 03:50 AM.
KadenJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:52 AM   #2 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
I'm sorry if it's right in front of my face but I don't see where I can donate? I clicked on the link that shows where we are at but I didn't see how to get your paypal account for this.

Maybe it's not compatible with Mac or Firefox? The donate button just refreshes the page for me.
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:53 AM   #3 
KadenJames

*points*

... xD
KadenJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:55 AM   #4 
mursey

Oh thanks! I was starting to think I am too tired and should go to sleep! :)
Old 09-03-2012, 09:09 PM   #5 
rosy delta

Wonderful!! Thank you so much for doing this. cant wait for the raffle to begin!
rosy delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:04 PM   #6 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Can i enter being in Canada?
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:01 AM   #7 
mursey

Hmm, this is what I keep getting:

"Sorry — your last action could not be completed

If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.

If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.
If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again."

I tried it last week and now again. Even when I log in. I wonder if it's just a glitch on my end or anyone else having trouble donating?
-----Edit: I have no trouble buying tons of other things using Paypal
Old 09-12-2012, 09:12 AM   #8 
DiiQue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mursey View Post

"Sorry your last action could not be completed

If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.

If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.
If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again."

I tried it last week and now again. Even when I log in. I wonder if it's just a glitch on my end or anyone else having trouble donating?
I'm getting the same thing. I PM'd Kaden for her paypal email address to see if I can just send via that. I think PayPal may have some glitches though on their system (I've been trying to send for almost a month now using the button on the other thread and still nothing).
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:22 PM   #9 
rosy delta

hey everybody, Lets not let this die out. I know how it is. you figure you will never win so why donate. but, hey. someone has to win, why not you. Its like the lottery, a dollar and a dream (though you do not have to donate to participate). If you do play the lottery, consider putting a dollar toward this. if you buy yourself a nice cup of coffee every day, why not put that amount toward the contest. no one has to put in a lot. if everyone who would like to win put in a dollar, there would probably be enough money to hold a couple contests!!
rosy delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:20 PM   #10 
crowntaillove

Quote:
Originally Posted by mursey View Post

"Sorry your last action could not be completed

I'm getting the same message.
crowntaillove is offline   Reply With Quote