Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-11-2012, 11:13 PM   #14481 
TheCrabbyTabby

Meh, I like bread too much. In fact, I just ate 16 pieces of cheesy bread bites from Dominos (I ordered it earlier today and was too full to eat it then). I had it with their marinara sauce. Delish.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:16 PM   #14482 
Shirleythebetta

You can actually get gluten free bread and pasta tastes just as good as the real thing. You can have all soda too except coca cola. Oooh and Reese cups lol. Doesn't sound like a diet but I lost weight
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:18 PM   #14483 
TheCrabbyTabby

I am addicted to Diet Coke. Drank a full 2 liter throughout the day today.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:24 PM   #14484 
Shirleythebetta

If you worried abt your health you really shouldn't be drinking diet pop. Coke ruins your stomach and diet pop is bad for your heart. Sounds like weight is only the effect of your problem.

Rant-still have a cold and don't want to go to class. Eh...
Old 09-11-2012, 11:53 PM   #14485 
ballyhoo

the caffeine and aspartame in diet pop leads to cellulite... i used to live on diet coke until i found that out
ballyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:05 AM   #14486 
Shirleythebetta

So it doesn't have just ill effects on the heart either.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:08 AM   #14487 
ballyhoo

no, it's all around bad for you
ballyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:42 AM   #14488 
dramaqueen
Banned

I don't drink as much soda as I used to... but I'm still fat. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:44 AM   #14489 
Pataflafla

I'm lucky enough to maintain my weight despite eating McDonald's 3-5 times a week (Lunch time at work since I've only got 15 minutes) on top of drinking a lot of soda.

I did go through a year of consistent stomach troubles where I couldn't eat certain foods like pickles without severe stomach pain. Sometimes I wouldn't even be able to drink water without pain. I also never found out what my issue was despite having my stomach scoped and my gallbladder scanned as well as various medications for both nausea and pain. I lost 10 pound within that time, and have only just gained it back since the problem flares up occasionally.

My advice would be eat healthier, but don't cut out the things you like. You should just simply limit yourself gradually. A diet shouldn't be miserable.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:47 AM   #14490 
SnowySurface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pataflafla View Post
I'm lucky enough to maintain my weight despite eating McDonald's 3-5 times a week (Lunch time at work since I've only got 15 minutes) on top of drinking a lot of soda.

My advice would be eat healthier, but don't cut out the things you like. You should just simply limit yourself gradually. A diet shouldn't be miserable.
+1

I get a similar weight gain effect from my ADHD meds and birth control. When my ADHD meds are working during the day, I don't get hungry at all and can even forget about lunch because my metobolism falls off a cliff into a crater. Then my meds run their course, my metabolism scales the cliff face, drags itself out of the crater, and I'm eating more calories at 11PM than I ate throughout the day. Through this entire cycle of metabolism up and downs, my BC is constantly making it easier for my body to turn unused calories into fat for some reason I can't explain. It's all a bit confusing and one more meal can add 3 pounds out of nowhere that are nearly impossible to lose.

Therefore, I had to figure how to eat in a way that my body will use the food properly. If I eat useful calories throughout the day, I can eat most of my useless calories at night because my metabolism is more active when my meds are inactive. That means I eat most of my fruits, veggitables, whole multigrains, and other heathy stuff during the day, and I can treat myself to pizza and ice cream at night as long as I keep the treats in moderation. As long as I don't give my body more calories than it can process at the time of day I'm eating, I don't have a ton of unused calories turned into fat before my metabolism drags itself out of the crater. I have the normal amount of calories turned into a heathy amount of fat.

In other words, the same way Pataflafla can get away with McDonald's 3-5 times a week and tons of soda around lunch time, I can get away with eating 2 slices of pizza and a small cup of ice cream in the late evening 1-2 times a week. It's just the way our bodies work. Once you find out how your body works, the weight should decrease and then stabilize. I would love to be the 130 pounds I was in high school, but I'm happy with being 140-145 pounds now that I'm 27 and physically healthy.

I don't know Tabby's body better than Tabby, but I would guess 40 of the 60 pounds gained could be lost not by diet but by changing eating times, how much is eaten at which times, and what is eaten more often and less often. Even the Cheesy bread bits can stay on the menu, but you may be eating the wrong amount at the wrong time of day too often.
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou