Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-16-2012, 06:25 PM   #11 
LittleBettaFish

Six females in a 10 gallon is fine. Female bettas are like cichlids, you want to overstock as it disperses aggression and stops individual fish from being targeted. The only downside to this, is that water quality is paramount, and you need a filter with plenty of room for biological filtration.

You also definitely want to have as much cover as possible. This should cover all levels of the tank. I find tall plants, whether fake or live a much better alternative to caves and other artificial decorations.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:46 AM   #12 
betalover56

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
6 females is an OK amount. :) They're just making their pecking order and just fighting for dominance at such. Plants, and tons of decorations will lessen the aggression. Lol, that rhymed. :D
Lebron is avery handsome Betta ! let me know when you are breeding I should be ready to do a tank for my nephew by then!
betalover56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:47 AM   #13 
betalover56

[quote=betalover56;1240080]Lebron is a very handsome Betta ! let me know when you are breeding I should be ready to do a tank for my nephew by then![bowls are for soup, not fish !]
betalover56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:00 PM   #14 
ellanwolf

Hello I'm new here my name is Jen.I have 2 female bettas they have there own tank.My questions is how big do female betta get??? I got three different answers
ellanwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:40 PM   #15 
kevinap2

First, you may want to consider starting your own thread in the future. This is a very old thread, and it is usually considered rude to ask your own question in someone else's thread.

With that said, welcome to the forum! Do you mean that each betta has it's own tank, or that you have two in one tank? If you only have two in that tank, I would separate them immediately. Bettas are extremely territorial, even females, and they don't do well at all in pairs. Either that, or start a sorority with 4 or so more bettas, but this is not for the inexperienced fish keeper, or the faint of heart (even in a properly set up sorority, deaths can and do happen).

Females will end up being anywhere between 2" to 2 3/4" long. Some may be slightly shorter and some may be slightly longer, but most fall in this range.
kevinap2 is offline   Reply With Quote