Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #11 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Adorable girl and such a handsome male !
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #12 
mcneivra

definitely some stunning fish you have. i truly am envious of them. speaking of marbles..there is a beautiful delta marble. he's mostly white but has got splotches of black..i want to pick him up!
mcneivra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #13 
Sapphoira

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShainax View Post
Got a dragonscale HM at persmart last Friday for $6.00

They go on sale a LOT - and prices are different between some of the stores depending on the area and the market etc - but that's a pretty good price for one of those! Ours are 12.99 at my store usually.
Sapphoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #14 
OrangeAugust

WOW! They're both sooo pretty! I've never seen a yellow one like your male before! I really like plakats, too. My next one will be a PK if I get another male.

Last edited by OrangeAugust; 09-11-2012 at 11:05 AM.
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:13 PM   #15 
ballyhoo

Beautiful fish! Unfortunately the disease you have in incurable, the only relief from the symptoms is a prophylactic measure to have as many seeded filters as possible and as many possible betta homes ready to set up on a moments notice. The disease can flair up at any moment without notice. Best of luck!
ballyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:24 PM   #16 
Sapphoira

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballyhoo View Post
Beautiful fish! Unfortunately the disease you have in incurable, the only relief from the symptoms is a prophylactic measure to have as many seeded filters as possible and as many possible betta homes ready to set up on a moments notice. The disease can flair up at any moment without notice. Best of luck!
Bahahahah! At this point, I'm running out of SURFACES to put tanks! My 20g takes up a huge amount of space on my kitchen counters.. which luckily is big anyway but still. With this new plakat I was thinking about going to ikea, getting a small bookshelf for my office, and then getting another 10 gallon as I don't think he will be happy in the 2.5g that is his only available home right now! And he's so much bigger and scarier than all my halfmoon guys, if he goes in the tank with them I'm afraid of a divider incident resulting in more than shredded fins..
Sapphoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #17 
ballyhoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphoira View Post
Bahahahah! At this point, I'm running out of SURFACES to put tanks! My 20g takes up a huge amount of space on my kitchen counters.. which luckily is big anyway but still. With this new plakat I was thinking about going to ikea, getting a small bookshelf for my office, and then getting another 10 gallon as I don't think he will be happy in the 2.5g that is his only available home right now! And he's so much bigger and scarier than all my halfmoon guys, if he goes in the tank with them I'm afraid of a divider incident resulting in more than shredded fins..
I craigslisted a cheap iron stand for 30 long and put ply wood on it and then put a few 10s on that :)

These are the best dividers I've ever made, super cheap and very effective!
ballyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:08 PM   #18 
BettaQi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballyhoo View Post
Nooooooooooooo!

We can cure this! We can be healthy about our bettas!

We don't have to be hoarders!

*lies down and remembers she needs to buy heaters so she doesn't "stop in" at PetSmart or PetCo for the next 6 months!*
BettaQi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:58 AM   #19 
KappaTheImp

They're gorgeous! And for what it's worth, I'm not sure your little girl is actually a marble. She looks just like one of my little girls who I've had for some time and she hasn't changed at all. I could be totally wrong, but I think that she's a grizzle. And if she came from Petco, they probably came from the same place.

KappaTheImp is offline   Reply With Quote