Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-03-2012, 02:17 PM   #21 
teeneythebetta

One filter is okay, just make sure you siphon the gravel on the unfiltered side real well during water changes :)
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #22 
BruceWayneBetta

Hopefully I did this right. I'll post in the picture section as well.

First, we have the kid's divided 10 gallon tank. All 3 of the males we got are Crown Tail Bettas. My son's is the blue and red one which he named Ghost Roaster after a video game character. I'm guessing this one is a bi-colored Betta.

My daughter's Betta, even though a male, will be living like a princess. Haha! His name is Marina. I'm not sure if he is Cambodian or multicolored. His body is iridescent pink and his fins are red. It looks like there could be another color that may pop out. If so, I'll probably have my answer on what kind he is.

So far, they are handling their transition well. Marina is very calm and hasn't flared his fins one bit. Ghost Roaster on the other hand was a bit ticked off at first. He seems pretty calm now though. Marina doesn't care that he's in there with another fish. Ghost Roaster kept putting his nose up to the mesh, but seems to be over it for now.

Next, we have Bruce Wayne which I picked for myself. I'll be taking care of all three though. Bruce is in a 2.5 gallon tank until I can upgrade to a 5.5. He is black and dark blue. Does he have a specific name? Or is he just a black Betta? So far, he seems to be transitioning well too. I plan to get him something else for his tank that will allow him to hide/sleep.

BruceWayneBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #23 
BruceWayneBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
One filter is okay, just make sure you siphon the gravel on the unfiltered side real well during water changes :)
Got it! Thanks!!
Old 09-12-2012, 10:16 AM   #24 
BruceWayneBetta

Just an update that all 3 of the boys are eating great, making bubble nests and are responding to us every time we're at the tanks. They seem happy in their new homes. Yay!
Old 09-12-2012, 11:10 AM   #25 
OrangeAugust

Yay! I'm glad your fishies are doing well!

Last edited by OrangeAugust; 09-12-2012 at 11:13 AM.
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote