Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #221 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown terror View Post
the town i used to live in actually had a stable feral cat population. there were warrens of them all over, and they live just like any other wild animal, not disturbing anything or causing trouble to anyone. i honestly don't see the problem with letting a cat that's already wild just be wild, seeing as they retain so many of their original instincts and revert to them so easily.
I do see your point, however we like to limit their numbers as low as possible because they will mate with irresponsible owner's cats, who in turn contribute to the shelter population, also many of them are hit by cars, and of course there are those cruel people who kill them for pooping in their yards. :(
And in my case all the kittens die of parasites and it's pointless to have them born if they're going to die by 3 mos old.

I do think they should live in the wild because having them in shelters takes up space of adoptable cats; however I believe in spaying and neutering them to prevent such overpopulation.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:38 PM   #222 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Good point plus feral cats eat endangered species so we can not have a feral cat colony in places with species that need protection like small birds.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:39 PM   #223 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opioid Slumber View Post
Myth: Betta fish hate correct spelling, capitalization, sentence structure and punctuation.

False! It makes it much harder for them to read anything, such as Betta forum posts, when what they're reading doesn't contain any of these things. Bettas need correctly written posts to be able to understand what the post is trying to say. Although minor mistakes are always forgiven because the Bettas understand that everyone misspells a word sometimes. They also know it's difficult to type with their tiny little pectoral fins, so whenever someone punches the wrong letter on the keyboard, it is also generally forgiven. But they do strongly suggest that other Bettas on the forum attempt correct grammar as much as possible. Otherwise, the Bettas will mostly disregard what the offending Betta writes, since they assume that any Betta typing that way has nothing of note to write.
What are you trying to imply I try my best to put proper grammar in. I have a hard time getting my thoughts on paper/computer.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:40 PM   #224 
TheCrabbyTabby

Or rodents. Believe it or not, there are species of rodents that are threatened. Like the kangaroo rat in Australia, which is under siege by many introduced species, including feral cats.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:42 PM   #225 
TheCrabbyTabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
What are you trying to imply I try my best to put proper grammar in. I have a hard time getting my thoughts on paper/computer.
I know too well the difficulties of penning thought to paper. My brother has a learning disability where he can't write very well. He is very intelligent, he just can't get his thoughts to flow properly when he writes. Its something similar to dyslexia, but not quite.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:55 PM   #226 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrabbyTabby View Post
I know too well the difficulties of penning thought to paper. My brother has a learning disability where he can't write very well. He is very intelligent, he just can't get his thoughts to flow properly when he writes. Its something similar to dyslexia, but not quite.
Are we related? He sounds just like me. Not to sound narcissistic.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #227 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrabbyTabby View Post
i have a bit of that too, but mostly with numbers, which is very frustrating in my line of work (i work in a warehouse doing receiving and sorting work, and frequently have to go back and redo something because i confused two digits on a serial number or product code) it can be really annoying!
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #228 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Yeah my problems are not as bad as you guys Autism, OCD, ADHD worst subtype, Scoliosis, Mild limp, all vitomen defencies, MTHFR gene mutation, and arachnophobia Ickynophabia (fear of dead fish) mild germaphobe.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:18 PM   #229 
TheCrabbyTabby

Nah, I we don't have any relatives in Virginia. There are old family friends who lives in Richmond though. They are just like family to me, despite not having any biological relation.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:14 PM   #230 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Oh okay Some people say 3 years is old for Betta a well cared for Betta can live 7-8 years and rarely with big tanks varied food and all 10 years. I do not know if it is true but heard Bettas live longer with tank mates I heard the chasing and guarding of tank mates is good exercise. I also heard chasing the fish with a net every ounce in a while is good exercise.