Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #1 
Jiirim

Talking My new girl

I went to help a friend get a net for his new female Betta and ended up falling for a female betta myself. She was in the very back and when I shuffled the jars to check out the new stock Petsmart brought in (I'm pretty much a regular now. I love to look at the new Betta) I saw her and instantly knew I wanted take her home. (bad idea...)
I couldn't nab a all-too-wonderful picture of her but here's my new girl, Lemon.
She's a pastel CT with bright yellow fins :)

She's at home in a 1/2 gal until I can nab her her permanent tank.
Jiirim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #2 
CandiceMM

What a sweet little girl, I love yellow!!
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #3 
Bettanewbie60

She is so pretty! congrats!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #4 
Jiirim

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiceMM View Post
What a sweet little girl, I love yellow!!
I've never seen a coloration like hers before. I know that Pastels, at least from the ones I've seen, usually have blue or purple-ish fins but I've never seen a yellow finned one.
Lemon's also my first female, so I can't wait to get her home perfected and see how it all goes! :)
Old 09-12-2012, 09:12 PM   #5 
laynisample

How pretty! I do the same thing with shuffling cups around to look at the bettas. I've had my bettas for about four days and I think I've been to pet smart every day, just because I keep looking at their tanks and thinking "Hmm. You need another plant." or "Malcom, you shredded your moss ball, now what are you going to do?" and also "Eko, you look lonely, do you want some new fishie friends?"
I would love to get a female someday, but right now I'm just looking after them because they will keep me company while I have my back surgery.
laynisample is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #6 
Orito

For a second, I was like "WoW! That tank is DIRTY"... Then I saw your fish flying... -idiot-
Orito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:24 PM   #7 
Jiirim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orito View Post
For a second, I was like "WoW! That tank is DIRTY"... Then I saw your fish flying... -idiot-
That's awesome, bahaha. but NOPE, that's just my crappy desk I use at college. Anyone would mistake that thing for dirt.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:28 PM   #8 
Jiirim

Quote:
Originally Posted by laynisample View Post
How pretty! I do the same thing with shuffling cups around to look at the bettas. I've had my bettas for about four days and I think I've been to pet smart every day, just because I keep looking at their tanks and thinking "Hmm. You need another plant." or "Malcom, you shredded your moss ball, now what are you going to do?" and also "Eko, you look lonely, do you want some new fishie friends?"
I would love to get a female someday, but right now I'm just looking after them because they will keep me company while I have my back surgery.
I've had my boys for a couple of months and I do the SAME THING. That urge to splurge for them never ebbs away, haha.
Wow, back surgery? Well, I hope you go through that ok!
I have my Betta to keep me company at college. (Unfortunately my Black Moor couldn't stay with me, he grew too big and needed to be moved into his 20 gal) They kind of grew into an amazing hobby, I'm really into fish and understanding them and informing people about them. They're just so beautiful <3