Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #1 
PaulO

What should I do?

I recently had to deal with my molly dropping fry which I now have in a separate tank for them. There are eleven fry but my question is about this one little guy. I noticed lately while all it's siblings get more active and swim around he tends to lie at the bottom of the tank. This fry I noticed looks like he may have been born prematurely, he's a darker color than all his other siblinmgs, no matter how much he eats can't develop a belly like the others and his spine looks curved (his tail points up). The few times that he does swim it's in short sporadic bursts and he gets tired quickly. I put my bvettas hamock in there to serve as a rest spot near the surface which he was using but now... The poor fella just lies under the airstone gasping and lieying very stiffly at the bottom. I need any help, is there anything I can do for him? Should I try to help him fight and develop or find a way to humanely euthanize him. I want this little guy to pull through but I don't know if I can stand watching him gasp at the bottom of the tank. I clean the tank everyday to every other day about 20-50% and add lightly salted water about 1 tbsp to 3 gallon(container I use to hold treated water)
PaulO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:32 PM   #2 
PaulO

sorry about the double thread post accidentally clicked back and re-posted :/
PaulO is offline   Reply With Quote