Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-13-2012, 01:49 AM   #48601 
Sakura8

Protests in Cairo outside the US Embassy.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:51 AM   #48602 
Tikibirds

I went to check on the divided 10G i set up earlier and I find 2 males in the middle and no one on the end .
I hope Lucky Stars isn't a jumper. I can't cover the middle section with plastic wrap because I cant get my fat hands behind the tank. Sluggles now has a 25watt instead of the 50 as the 50 went into the 10G and now everyone has heaters...YAY

why r they protesting?
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:55 AM   #48603 
Sakura8

Tiki, are the guys okay? Yay for Sluggles!

Haha, don't watch the news much huh? It's depressing so you're not missing much. US ambassador to Libya was killed, along with 3 other Americans and 10 Libyans. Big flap over some controversial video supposedly mocking Islam, just a mess over there right now. Al Qaeda, basically.

Gonna go to bed. Hope I can make it to the LFS tomorrow. Want plants.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:24 AM   #48604 
Tikibirds

Quote:
Tiki, are the guys okay?
Yeah, Ferb isn't having issues with the tetra filter, lucky stars is still in the middle and tangaroa is...kinda sickly looking and torn fins but seems OK. I was hoping the cycled water and heater would help him. he got kinda neglected for a while

I put baby into kritter keeper with 2ish inches of water and epsom salt. The only heater that fits is the stupid 50 watt tetra heater and the water is only 74. I cant fill it up to use the marinelanad stealth heater, the poor thing cant swim up that far. I am not even sure it can swim up the 2 inches

nope, not a TV person. When is the middle east NOT a mess??
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:43 AM   #48605 
Laki

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrabbyTabby View Post
My dad owned a rabbit when he was a kid. He said that it bit his hard really hard, and it bled like crazy. I don't think he is fond of them anymore. Not exactly a rat story, but hey, a rabbit is just as cute, right?
A rabbit that bites is an unhappy rabbit. My bunny came from squalid conditions (she lived from birth-4 mths in a commercial rabbit cage with mom and 3 siblings) and she was and still is quite territorial but I have never been bitten and she turns 6 years old this month.
Learning body language and learning to approach and respond to it is vital in dealing with an "aggressive" bunny. Nature did not make bunnies aggressive, they only bite out of surprise and fear.
I'm known as the bunny whisperer, "I educate human- I rehabilitate bunnie."

Saurkraut. My dad used to eat that. It stunk the whole house up for like a day when he did. His parents (my g-parents) were Eastern European so that's why I guess.

YAY Olympia!! university is so fun! I only really started getting involved on campus this year and last (I'm 4th yr) and since doing so I've been happier and made a lot more friends. Just last night in my folklore class (we meet once a week and I missed last week) I recognized 4 people from other classes or through other friends. It becomes a much smaller world when you join socieites and such. :) I'm so happy for you!
My sister lives in Montreal and she cannot attend the university until she lived there for a year. Would that apply to all Canadian student??

**delayed comment on Bekah's frog :( Sorry to hear. And Tiki's Derpy :(
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:14 AM   #48606 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Might be something about tuition. The uni I'm looking at (Bishop's), for Quebec residents costs some $3000 a year, and for the rest of Canada you gotta pay $7000, so maybe she wanted it cheaper. xD But, that's still cheaper than I'd be paying at Queen's, so it's all good.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:52 AM   #48607 
Laki

7000$ a term. Like... Every 3 months??
*dies*
I don't blame her for not wanting to go to college there. Crap, I pay up to 1800$ per term and that's IF I do 5 courses including some distance ones. And this price includes gym, health, dental, and other insurances.
Looks back to the 7000$ *dies again*
Old 09-13-2012, 07:17 AM   #48608 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

No it's $7000 full semester. xD $4500 for semester residence with a meal plan.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:15 AM   #48609 
Laki

7000$ for both fall and winter semesters?? Ok, that's not so bad if you get fed and boarded. :)
I wish my loan would come in so I can buy my 6500K light.. Wants my plants to grow! And I finally found the right type of bulb for my hood. 16$ for it..
Old 09-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #48610 
Silverfang

Laki, finding 6500k lights isn't easy, at least if you have a T8. I had to go to P U.

Tropical has mostly larger lights.

Filter has worked for 12 hoursish. So I'm not in any immediate danger. I plan on taking in a few snails. Pay for a trio of corries I hope.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese