Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-12-2012, 11:13 AM   #11 
Alcemistnv

I do, but one is the assistant for a Head of a department, but that's because he kissed butt. A lot of it.

And my other friend has it because of work study.

I''m currently trying to get a job that I tried out for last year, but I have to wait til spring semester.
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #12 
lvandert

Not ALL jobs on campus are work study related. Check your dining/food service and facilities. Generally they will accept non work study students and you'll get a regular paycheck. I work in the dining/snack shack most nights and weekends. They will also be super tolerant of your work schedule because they do understand you'r a student.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #13 
Frazzle

You could alway be one of those people that... peple call for... a good time XD

Kidding!

I missed the part where you said you need an online job...
Frazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:05 AM   #14 
KappaTheImp

Online jobs and work from home schemes are almost all scams, and the ones that aren't have a wait list a hundred miles long. If you're looking for part time, temp agencies are almost always out, they typically have nothing but 40+ hours a weeks type jobs, even the clerical ones.

So, your options are pretty much restaurants, and retail. Is there nothing within walking distance for you? If you're at college surely you're used to walking all over campus. And if you do go for retail, they're on the tail end of their seasonal hiring now, so make a move soon!

Oh! And if you're only looking for some quick cash every now and then, try donating plasma. And by donating, I mean selling it. Some places will give you a couple hundred bucks a month for it.

Good luck!

Last edited by KappaTheImp; 09-13-2012 at 09:09 AM.
KappaTheImp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:11 AM   #15 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KappaTheImp View Post

Oh! And if you're only looking for some quick cash every now and then, try donating plasma. And by donating, I mean selling it. Some places will give you a couple hundred bucks a month for it.

Good luck!
yes! EXELLENT ADVICE!
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:16 AM   #16 
vilmarisv

I knew a lot of students who donated plasma.
Look online on any job search site. If the requirements and experiences are not too technical still apply. Most employers prefer someone with the motivation to work and willingness to learn than someone experienced who's going to want to look for something better in 6 months.
Don't go with the attitude that you're in college and they have to adapt to your schedule... it won't work. You need to balance your study and work time so there's some flexibility from you and your employer. SO basically ask them what is their schedule need and tell them what you can do but you might have to make adjustments to your study schedule; don't expect someone to hire you to work just weekends.
And you can take the bus if the job is not on campus or within walking distance.
While going to college in Iowa I worked PT with the city driving mass public transportation. They had great training, I got my CDL license on their expense, and I got to drive big buses around campus... it was a lot of fun because I got to know the town a lot.
Good luck!
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #17 
lelei

I would start doing some weekends, if there is a bus transportation system, locally and hook up with a Mc'dees, or something like that small store, CVS or the like, for some Part time job..then take it from there, what are you skilled in?
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:30 AM   #18 
marktrc

If your college has a dorm, ask the desk clerks how they got the job. They will probably direct you to a place that has the student job listings.
marktrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #19 
lvandert

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktrc View Post
If your college has a dorm, ask the desk clerks how they got the job. They will probably direct you to a place that has the student job listings.
those are work study related. Your only options for on campus work, that is not work study related, is cafeteria/snack shack, facilities/janitorial, or possibly if you have any art/display galleries they might hire you on too. Make sure you ask them and see what they say, don't go off what other people have told you first,
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:06 PM   #20 
Frazzle

You can sell blood?

and to think I've been slowly feeding my bettas my blood, hoping they would become something else..
Frazzle is offline   Reply With Quote