Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-14-2012, 01:29 PM   #1 
HopeNicholson

The Betta Addiction Continues!

So my last betta Thor was restless and has been flaring at his reflection in his 1g tank the past week.....so i figured its time i upgrade him to a bigger tank like the rest of the males! Picked him up a 2.5g and realized i'd now have an empty tank! Well while i was in Petco picking up his tank and new color gravel I came across a ton of beautiful bettas. Of course i told myself if i was to give in and pick one up it would have to be a female to match the size of the tank and also so it would have the issue with flaring at any reflection. A pure orange veiltail male caught my eye and i had to use all of my power to say no to him lol

There were only 4 females......3 were sort of normal looking in terms of their coloration. But i found a very pretty crowntail girl and bought her right away! My friend tried to discourage me from buying yet ANOTHER betta, but my defense was i have an empty tank and she has lots of pets herself so she shouldnt be talking! :P She had no comeback lol Plus we ALMOST convinced her to get a black delta tail to kinda go along with her pretty white plakat. In the end we did get her fiance's veiltail a 5.5g tank.......hes had his betta for almost a year now and the poor guy has been in a tiiiiiny pet keeper. Made me happy they gave him such a huge upgrade! :)

Oops, got off track there! Anyway heres my 5th betta, Castiel.....or Cas for short. I was planning on keeping the name for if i ever got another male, but unfortunately I wont be getting anymore males....let alone anymore bettas until one passes (which i hate to even think of!)......so i figured she should take the name! :)
Attached Images

HopeNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #2 
Bettanewbie60

LOL..you are a very bad influence..I recently divided a 10g and a 5.5g for my boys, and that leaves me with 3 1g that are empty ha ha ha....I need to leave them empty, I need to leave them empty..I don't need the beautiful HM I saw wed. I don't ...really. Great little girl ya found!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #3 
HopeNicholson

Hahahaha *ENCOURAGES YOU!*

Thanks :) Yea when i originally got into betta fish a little over a month ago i told myself 3 at a time was my limit......theeeen i found my 4th. But after my 4th one (Thor) i havent had any urges to buy anymore....but as soon as i wanted to upgrade his tank and realized id have an empty one my mind of course answered with "BUY ANOTHER"

Plus i was fish-sitting my friends white halfmoon plakat while she was away, so i got soooo used to having 5 fish to care for :) But yea im now at my limit, im letting my friend know if i ever lose my mind and want more than 5 at a time she has every right to yell at me, slap my hand, and say "NO". But im pretty sure i can keep myself from getting to that point :P
Old 09-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #4 
HopeNicholson

Also your betta's names are awesome!!! :D
Old 09-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #5 
Bettanewbie60

LOL! I got my first in June...and now have...uh....six! Oh man, I need an intervention!
Old 09-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #6 
HopeNicholson

I dont even know when i started......actually it was a month ago today!! Glad to see im not the only one close to needing an intervention ;) But hey, at least they have awesome homes with us and arent being neglected by people who dont know how to really take care of them! Thats how i like to see it!

Last edited by HopeNicholson; 09-14-2012 at 07:59 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 09-14-2012, 08:01 PM   #7 
BettaQi

Gah! I must resist! Must resist!
BettaQi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:46 PM   #8 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeNicholson View Post
Also your betta's names are awesome!!! :D
LOL at my betta's names..Buddy Blue was my first one, and I just kept calling him my "buddy" and of course he is blue...Buddy Blue Betta...then when I got my first female I wanted a first and middle name for her also, but now I needed names with meanings, so Bella (beautiful), and Bay, which can be a body of water or a berry..and she looks like a berry..and well, it just took off from there. I drive my hubby crazy spending two or three days looking up "B" names that have a meaning for each fish...ha ha ha...thanks.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:47 PM   #9 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeNicholson View Post
I dont even know when i started......actually it was a month ago today!! Glad to see im not the only one close to needing an intervention ;) But hey, at least they have awesome homes with us and arent being neglected by people who dont know how to really take care of them! Thats how i like to see it!
So very true! And, we could have worse addictions! I've been sitting here all day trying not to go get that HM...luckily they are closed now lol
Old 09-14-2012, 10:25 PM   #10 
laynisample

When I move my boys into the divided 10gal I'm cycling currently I'm going to have a 3gal and 2.5gal open, but I really need to leave them. If I ever live on campus at college again I'm only allowed one 10gal tank. They've said any extra fish will be flushed unfortunately, so I need to leave those tanks empty... but it's so hard....
laynisample is offline   Reply With Quote