Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-14-2012, 05:36 PM   #1 
amyteee

Question Ramshorn Snails and Bettas

Hello! My little red plakat who I got a few days ago is a little menace (And my first betta). I needed some algae eaters for my little tank, so earlier today I chucked a few pest pond snails in there with him. He eventually sucked them all right out of their shells! So I've been considering other options for an algae eater, as its clinging to my plants and it looks untidy. Shrimp are out of the question as they are hard for me to get here in England and quite pricey.

So I found some lovely blue ramshorn snails on Ebay, for quite cheap. (4 for 10, 1-2cm snails). Would anyone consider them to be a hardy snail? As in could they avoid becoming lunch for little Taro?

Thanks! :D
amyteee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:59 PM   #2 
babystarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyteee View Post
Hello! My little red plakat who I got a few days ago is a little menace (And my first betta). I needed some algae eaters for my little tank, so earlier today I chucked a few pest pond snails in there with him. He eventually sucked them all right out of their shells! So I've been considering other options for an algae eater, as its clinging to my plants and it looks untidy. Shrimp are out of the question as they are hard for me to get here in England and quite pricey.

So I found some lovely blue ramshorn snails on Ebay, for quite cheap. (4 for 10, 1-2cm snails). Would anyone consider them to be a hardy snail? As in could they avoid becoming lunch for little Taro?

Thanks! :D
Some of my bettas will kill even mystery snails while others wouldn't touch a baby ramshorn. I think if your fish is really into escargot, no snail is safe with him
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote