Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-14-2012, 06:30 PM   #1 
homegrown terror

Pagan betta lovers!

was just wondering if there were any others on here....if you are lemme know which branch you are, if any, or just generally what you believe in the most/strongest.

i'm an Irish/Germanic Heathen. i take most of what i believe from the traditions of the North, and Odin All-Father is my constant source for wisdom and guidance. i know that my son is my beautiful gift from Skadhi, because he born on the night of the first frost of the coming winter last year and he was the unknowable end goal of the wild hunt that has been my life up until now.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:00 PM   #2 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown terror View Post
was just wondering if there were any others on here....if you are lemme know which branch you are, if any, or just generally what you believe in the most/strongest.

i'm an Irish/Germanic Heathen. i take most of what i believe from the traditions of the North, and Odin All-Father is my constant source for wisdom and guidance. i know that my son is my beautiful gift from Skadhi, because he born on the night of the first frost of the coming winter last year and he was the unknowable end goal of the wild hunt that has been my life up until now.
I guess you could consider me pegan, though I'm not much for titles. My faith is my own because I could no longer believe in that which man has corrupted. I believe in the creator god nameless and formless because it gave of iteself to create the universe and all that is, that everything is composed of it and it is life itself.

Of it's creations it formed the gods and goddesses that govern all, though most have names not known or not understood by me. But I have three that I have given names to, for they are connected and thus I owe homage to. The first is my own creator, the creator of all men, he goes by many names but I have come to call him Bayor and it is he I owe my creation and loyalty even unto death.

The second and third are a tragic tale composed long ago at the beginning of time for it is then that they were created. Thangarin is the wolf god and he loved the moon goddess Zara. But Thangarin being what he is was earth bound so that he could forever watch over his children the wolves. Forever apart from his love the moon, so every night he and his kin howl and call to her so that she remember their love. But it is only when the world ends shall he be with Zara again.

Now when man was created Bayor made a pact with Thangarin that he should give unto man some of his sons and daughters to watch over man and protect him and man would in turn be as a friend to them. Thangarin agreed and thus he gave some of his wolves to change and become more like man.

It goes on but is a lot to take in but basically I pray to the god of man. I am also a practitioner of the magical arts but only when it's neccessary as it puts a huge strain on me to wield such a power.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:38 PM   #3 
xShainax

I'm Wiccan :)
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:20 PM   #4 
TheCrabbyTabby

I think this is a great thread!

I am somewhat agnostic, which is the belief that science can and does explain how the world came to be (through evolution and not creationism). I guess I just got tired of all the hypocrisy in modern day Christianity, which was the faith I was born into. I also have a set of weird beliefs that don't really belong to one religion.

I do believe that there is an all powerful being, the Almighty, who sees all and knows all, and who governs the world, and all the life forms that came to be within. The Almighty is a kind, pure, and benevolent entity who loves all who walk the earth, irregardless of what they do, and asks only to be recognized and praised from time to time. The Almighty has a polar opposite entity called the Destroyer or Chaos, who seeks to destroy and corrupt all that is good. These two entities are locked in an eternal battle of good and evil, over the fate of humanity.

There is also a Great Beyond, where our souls depart to when our bodies die. Those that have done good, go onto complete bliss within it, while others, who have cold blackened hearts in life, will burn in eternal torment when they die.

I also believe all life is sacred, whether it be that of an ant, or a human. It hurts me to see people treat the creatures, and furthermore, the natural beauty of this earth, so inhumanely and with such disregard. Nature is a truly powerful thing that should be respected. The Earth is alive, after all, and full of life energy. We humans are destroying that life energy and as such, causing the earth a slow and painful death. We are supposed to be the shepherds of Mother Earth, but instead, we are destroying it.

There are some who truly do try to respect the earth and all its life, but I feel its too little too late now.

That is what I believe.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:36 PM   #5 
MoonShadow

I consider myself a solitary eclectic wiccan. Which means I practice my religion as an individual, rather than as a member of a larger organization and the dogma of my religion has been shaped and molded by numerous other traditions.
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #6 
Opioid Slumber

I am kind of agnostic but also believe in the same gods as homegrown terror does. I grew up without religion in my life and I've never had a problem with it. I've never been to church and for most of my life I never even really thought about religion. I looked into it more as I got older and didn't like what I saw. I've seen so much hypocrisy and greed, along with lies and death in christianity that I would be appalled to ever be called one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown terror View Post
Since we've been together I've learned so much more about the Norse gods and goddesses from you that I've come to believe in them strongly. Our son is the most wonderful gift and I know we will both do our best to keep christians from corrupting him. I love the fact that he was born on the night of the first frost, but the look that was in your eyes when they first showed him to you is something I love even more.
Opioid Slumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:57 AM   #7 
Relic

I play Skyrim....does that count?
I'm a free Mason so I believe in one greater being. I don't consider myself Catholic,Baptist,Jewish...or any other religion that requires me to dedicate my life to any sort of church,group or cause. I choose to worship through my actions and no one person or group holds precedence over my family.
Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:58 AM   #8 
Meggie6347

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opioid Slumber View Post
I am kind of agnostic but also believe in the same gods as homegrown terror does. I grew up without religion in my life and I've never had a problem with it. I've never been to church and for most of my life I never even really thought about religion. I looked into it more as I got older and didn't like what I saw. I've seen so much hypocrisy and greed, along with lies and death in christianity that I would be appalled to ever be called one.

Since we've been together I've learned so much more about the Norse gods and goddesses from you that I've come to believe in them strongly. Our son is the most wonderful gift and I know we will both do our best to keep christians from corrupting him. I love the fact that he was born on the night of the first frost, but the look that was in your eyes when they first showed him to you is something I love even more.

I am so sorry you feel this way about Christians. I don't like seeing people act like this, the hypocrites who say they're Christians but don't live their lives for Christ. It is people like this who turn people away from Jesus. It's one of Satan's ways of keeping His children from Him it breaks my heart
Meggie6347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:21 AM   #9 
ballyhoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opioid Slumber View Post
<snip>
Our son is the most wonderful gift and I know we will both do our best to keep christians from corrupting him.<snip>
This right here is the number one problem of all religions. It's not a contest of who can corrupt the most, it as about teaching understanding and faith not hatred and prejudice.
I was raised a catholic, but I don't like to associate myself with the catholic belief of bigotry. I am pro choice, and I believe in marriage rights for all. I may have been raised a strict catholic but my parents taught me that there is more to my religion than to put down and condemn others. I was taught to accept, to forgive, and that "those without sin may cast the first stone". Would I have an abortion? No, never. Would I marry a woman? No. Does that give me the right to refuse that to others? No it does not.

Last edited by ballyhoo; 09-15-2012 at 11:24 AM.
ballyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:45 PM   #10 
MaisyDawgThirteen

I'm Catholic, but I don't believe a lot of it. I believe in Jesus' teachings, not a lot of the other things. The Vatican is just . . . How can someone who took a vow to poverty wear Gucci shoes?!
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote