Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-09-2012, 01:53 PM   #11 
DiiQue

Good luck Kenny! Keep us posted on the progress.

I dont think the Petstore employees are given much training on fish... Whatever training they were given is most likely concentrated on the four legged furry variety that they sell.
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:49 PM   #12 
Kenny G

I believe you are 100% correct DiiQue. When I was asking questions of a Petco employee yesterday all she said was she knew about dogs nothing about fish

It's sad the women employee in Petco told a lady interested in buying a betta that if a betta is being kept in a bowl you didn't need a filter or heater and to just doing water changes every couple of days. My Mouth Dropped to the floor. I quickly had to intervene and advise her on a tank, conditioner and upkeep needed for betta's. I know I am no expert but I knew more than her.
Kenny G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:12 PM   #13 
Sapphoira

You pretty much have to ask if they have any experts on bettas. I always make the people over in petcare send me the questions about bettas - because even though I'm just a cashier I actually know stuff :P
Sapphoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:15 AM   #14 
Kenny G

You are never just a cashier. Your knowledge is key and will help keep people well informed on the necessary care and items needed to give a betta a good home and a start to a healthy life.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #15 
Kenny G

Ok day 3 and things are not looking good for Blue Jay. His color is getting very pail and I see my little guy struggle to do all the things he used to. He is a brave little betta. He still tries to greet me when he see's me but its hard for him.

I am still keeping him warm and tank light off. I have been giving him some brine shrimp since it's easy for him to eat and its a treat I don't normally feed him. It pains me to see my little guy struggle. I will continue to keep him warm and comfortable in his tank that he loves so much until the very end.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #16 
Kenny G

Day 4 update. Although things are still look touch and go I decided to incorporate more into my arsenal to save Blue Jay. I am now using Methylene Blue. It seemed to help his breathing when he was resting in it in his treatment tank. My little guy is amazing. He still has a fighting spirit and I am determined to do all I can to help him win.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #17 
Kenny G

Day 5 & 6 update. This morning Blue Jay seems a little more active then he has been. I hope his illness has peaked so he can start his journey on the road to recovery.

I am amazed that through it all he has not given up his desire to live. I have him in his old 1/2 gallon recovery tank which is filled a quarter of the way so its easier for him to eat and get air. I know he wants to be back in his 2.5 gallon decorated tank but I know he is not ready yet.

If he continues doing well for the next few weeks I will put him back in his home he loves so much. Also if he pulls through I am going to rename him Miracle.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #18 
ao
TFK Moderator

XD yay
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:29 AM   #19 
Kenny G

Well final update for Blue Jay. Sadly my little guy passed away. I checked on him Friday morning and he seemed like all was well. I guess it was false hope. He was alive Friday night before I went to bed and checked on him this morning and he was dead. Blue Jay was a fighter until the end and I will always remember that about him. He will be greatly missed. RIP Blue Jay.

Don't cry for me Argentina. I will not let the loss of my little buddy keep me from opening my heart and giving another betta a good home and a better life then what they have in those plastic cups at my local pet stores.

Last edited by Kenny G; 09-15-2012 at 06:34 AM.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:06 AM   #20 
RedRaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny G View Post
Well final update for Blue Jay. Sadly my little guy passed away. I checked on him Friday morning and he seemed like all was well. I guess it was false hope. He was alive Friday night before I went to bed and checked on him this morning and he was dead. Blue Jay was a fighter until the end and I will always remember that about him. He will be greatly missed. RIP Blue Jay.

Don't cry for me Argentina. I will not let the loss of my little buddy keep me from opening my heart and giving another betta a good home and a better life then what they have in those plastic cups at my local pet stores.
I'm so sorry to hear this. You gave him a wonderful life and never gave up. *hugs* I'm sure he appreciated it all. Lucky little guy to have you. Healing energy and support.
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote