Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 10:56 AM   #11 
Oldfishlady

Keeping and Breeding this species can get really frustrating and it can be heart breaking at times. But sadly its part of the game...you are going to have failures...we all have them...Sometimes you have to take a step back and reevaluate everything and sometimes you have to start over.

But now you have more knowledge-made some mistakes-learned from them...Now its time to move on with the knowledge so that you can be successful.....

One thing I have seen with a lot of new breeders-it that they take on too much too soon. Pick one type of Betta-one color and work with just that one and resist temptation to add anything else.....Once you have a few success under your belt-then add to the mix...but don't give up...take a break...but don't give up....we all have failures...its what we do with these failures that matter.......
Old 09-15-2012, 11:06 AM   #12 
Mo

I've lost over half of my fish within a matter of weeks 35 fish just gone
Old 09-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #13 
cjconcepcion

Mo, listen. I dont want you to feel like this is your fault. I knew the risks i was taking when i said you could borrow him. Yes, he was my favorite.... but i dont want this to ruin the hobby for you. Im not mad at you. Im sad, yes. But i know it wasnt your fault.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #14 
Koda

@ofl +1
Mo, I know it must be frustrating, but the fact is that you love your fish. It's obvious by your reaction to losing them and I can't believe that you truely want to just throw all that away. We all can see that you take good care of your fish, but sometimes things go wrong, sometimes it's a whole bunch of crap all at once and there is not much you can do to fix it. When things get rough just sit back, breath, think it over. Like ofl said, you should take a break and downsize a bit.

I may be rather new to this forum, but I've been reading through it for a while, and you are one of the members I had looked up to. It would be sad to see you go.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:27 AM   #15 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

You should take a break do more research or tell us every part of your care and we can help you. When I got my first guppy a day later it died of disease i bought a new one it lived for months in my guppy colony my guppies even as fry are beautiful.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:42 AM   #16 
RandyTheBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
You should take a break do more research or tell us every part of your care and we can help you. When I got my first guppy a day later it died of disease i bought a new one it lived for months in my guppy colony my guppies even as fry are beautiful.
Mo's been taking care of his fish fine, im sure. He's one of the most experienced keepers on the forum. He's just having a bad time right now, we all have them. Im sure you've had them too.

Anyway, I agree 100% with what OFL said! But if you do feel the need to quit then I also understand that. I felt that way when my third hamster died in sixth grade. I still haven't been able to go back to hammys!
Old 09-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #17 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyTheBettaFish View Post
Mo's been taking care of his fish fine, im sure. He's one of the most experienced keepers on the forum. He's just having a bad time right now, we all have them. Im sure you've had them too.

Anyway, I agree 100% with what OFL said! But if you do feel the need to quit then I also understand that. I felt that way when my third hamster died in sixth grade. I still haven't been able to go back to hammys!
Did my advice come off insensitive?
Old 09-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #18 
lelei

Mo, I have to say your are an inspiration to take on such challenges, and I applaud your efforts above and beyond, because being a breeder is a lot of work, I would never want to do what you do, You are incredible for getting so far, don't think of it as done, take a break, everyone has bad days, and makes mistakes,..we all do, and i know that with so much at stake ,you want perfection..
Please don't ever stop..you are amazing and your passion will keep you going far in life, if you put it all in perspective..don't give up:) A lot of friends here will miss the one and only MO!!!
Old 09-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #19 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Never give up!
Old 09-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #20 
xShainax

Mo, I lost 12 betta's in a span of a week. I haven't given up, I hope you don't either
Closed Thread