Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-15-2012, 09:56 AM   #11 
MSG

Gees, & I thought I overfeed my 5, when I dropped 250-300 (2 icecubes) or so mosquitos distributed among x5 fish on the 13th.

I wouldn't feed K-Piggy, any more food for 2-4 days, betta take out the shrimps too.

• Whenever I feed pellets, I always pour the amount in the palm of my hand first, then I decide how to feed based on the size of their stomach. I think it's easier to use hands, since you're supposed to wash them after you play with the fish.
  • I finally got a chance to look at the NLS products yesterday and it looks great. Everything is well manufactured and pellets are nice & uniform. Even their small fish formula is incredibly well made.
Anyway, if any of my fishie's bellies resembled K, they would get exercise, NO food for 24-48 hours. You should feed hairspray dragon betta some more, he should be willing to eat a pellet or two now.

As for the bettas that ate ALL the skitos on the 13th.... even though they've slimmed down significantly, they'll will get no food 4 today. I might sprinkle some flakes in there for the other fish though.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:37 PM   #12 
ao
TFK Moderator

XD it went down in one night :P I think Kuro had some super digestion capabilities. I kind of feel bad for Fish Jerky because he takes the teeny nls in his mouth, chews, swallows, then goes for another one...
Whereas Kuro would be like.. 'what is this "chewing" you speak of?'
and snaps them all up lightning speed.
I'm looking to get some borneo wild S formula (or whatever its called) Apparent fish goes crazy for it. it's a tad expensive, $10+$3shipping, but the review's been fantastic.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:45 PM   #13 
MSG

I'm going to assuming you're getting a hold of the BW Staple S Fish food.

Borneo W
STAPLE S
is a highly digestible and easily assimilated probiotic food made from a specialized blend of the finest proteins, carbohydrates, amino acids, spirulina and zeaxanthin offering improved growth, digestion and vivid luster. Does not cloud water.

Composition: Fish / soy bean / wheat germ / seaweed powder, meal, yeast, Vitamin A / C / D / E / K. biotin, garlic, probiotics, astaxanthin, spirulina

I'm not sure if I would spend $10 on BW.

Omega 1
Guaranteed Analysis
Min. Crude Protein….42%
Min. Crude Fat………12%
Max. Crude Fiber…….2%
Max. Moisture………. 8.5%
Max. Ash……………..8%
Min. Phosphorus……(.5%)

INGREDIENTS: Whole Salmon, Halibut, Shrimp, Wheat Flour, Wheat Gluten, Fresh Kelp, Astaxanthin, Lecithin, L-Ascorbyl-2-Phosphate (Source of Vitamin C), Natural and Artificial Colors, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Folic Acid, Biotin, Inositol, Tocopherol (Preservative), Ethoxyquin (Preservative).

I would rather get Omega1 due to convenience. If I come across the BW stuff @ a decent price I'll grab some.
  • BorneoW (60g/$10+$3 shipping) For fish & soybean & wheat germ a dusting of the vitamins/garlic/proB's?
  • Omega1 (17g/$3) - don't know what grade salmon, halibut, shrimp O1 uses, but it sounds better than just fish & soybeans.

Just remember once your fish trust you, they'll eat ANYTHING you provide them. Even goldfish pellets that are mainly starch & vegetable byproducts, they'll eat with glee.
  • As long as the betta is eating a protein based pellet, it's better than serving them NOTHING or F-flakes for that matter.

BW is the site that makes me want to restart a shrimp tank, but I want to do it RIGHT this time.

No fish tankmates & with a proper ESTABLISHED filter.

• What destroyed everything last time in addition to Akoya eating them was the shape of the tank and not knowing how to siphon without vacuuming up the fry along with the detritus.

I have a 4G tall tank like the Fluval Spec. But the Duetto mini filter's impeller broke on me. SuperG'd the impeller, but the repair didn't last.

I might go with the 5G standard sized tank for a shrimp tank for ease of access.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote