Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-15-2012, 12:45 PM   #11 
MaisyDawgThirteen
Member
 
MaisyDawgThirteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballyhoo View Post
This right here is the number one problem of all religions. It's not a contest of who can corrupt the most, it as about teaching understanding and faith not hatred and prejudice.
I was raised a catholic, but I don't like to associate myself with the catholic belief of bigotry. I am pro choice, and I believe in marriage rights for all. I may have been raised a strict catholic but my parents taught me that there is more to my religion than to put down and condemn others. I was taught to accept, to forgive, and that "those without sin may cast the first stone". Would I have an abortion? No, never. Would I marry a woman? No. Does that give me the right to refuse that to others? No it does not.
+1
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:09 PM   #12 
thekinetic
Member
 
thekinetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Springfield, Va
Being gay and a witch my contact with christians is jaded at best. I've been deep into the spiritual side of humans and just can't believe in what is preached now. I've even seen the other side and this I'll tell you is nothing like what is said to be heaven or hell.

None the less I respect others' beliefs and ignore the ones who are corrupt.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:07 PM   #13 
homegrown terror
Member
 
homegrown terror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShadow View Post
I consider myself a solitary eclectic wiccan. Which means I practice my religion as an individual, rather than as a member of a larger organization and the dogma of my religion has been shaped and molded by numerous other traditions.
i think you'd fall under the heading of Shamanism, basically someone who takes their beliefs purely from themselves, and leads other when they ask, but doesn't try to either follow or force anyone else to follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
Being gay and a witch my contact with christians is jaded at best. I've been deep into the spiritual side of humans and just can't believe in what is preached now. I've even seen the other side and this I'll tell you is nothing like what is said to be heaven or hell.

None the less I respect others' beliefs and ignore the ones who are corrupt.
i too respect everyone's right to believe what they do, but i also demand that they afford me the same right :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballyhoo View Post
This right here is the number one problem of all religions. It's not a contest of who can corrupt the most, it as about teaching understanding and faith not hatred and prejudice.
I was raised a catholic, but I don't like to associate myself with the catholic belief of bigotry. I am pro choice, and I believe in marriage rights for all. I may have been raised a strict catholic but my parents taught me that there is more to my religion than to put down and condemn others. I was taught to accept, to forgive, and that "those without sin may cast the first stone". Would I have an abortion? No, never. Would I marry a woman? No. Does that give me the right to refuse that to others? No it does not.
i may catch hell (heh) for saying this, but that is a wonderfully uncharacteristic view for a catholic. i too was raised catholic (Irish catholic, no less) and to this day there are members of my family who i don't associate with because even at the age of 29, they think they can lure me back into their flock. they can't accept that this is one lamb they won't lead to the slaughter.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:17 PM   #14 
ballyhoo
New Member
 
ballyhoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown terror View Post
i think you'd fall under the heading of Shamanism, basically someone who takes their beliefs purely from themselves, and leads other when they ask, but doesn't try to either follow or force anyone else to follow.



i too respect everyone's right to believe what they do, but i also demand that they afford me the same right :)



i may catch hell (heh) for saying this, but that is a wonderfully uncharacteristic view for a catholic. i too was raised catholic (Irish catholic, no less) and to this day there are members of my family who i don't associate with because even at the age of 29, they think they can lure me back into their flock. they can't accept that this is one lamb they won't lead to the slaughter.
Thank you :)
I can't say that I wish to continue my life as a catholic, I enjoy the smell of outside much much more than incense... it doesn't really make much sense to me yet

Last edited by ballyhoo; 09-15-2012 at 05:30 PM.
ballyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:41 PM   #15 
homegrown terror
Member
 
homegrown terror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballyhoo View Post
Thank you :)
I can't say that I wish to continue my life as a catholic, I enjoy the smell of outside much much more than incense... it doesn't really make much sense to me yet
not to sound like a mormon but you might wanna try reading one of the Eddas (the Poetic Edda is a lot harder to follow, you might wanna start with the Prose Edda) and see if you see what i do in it. just remember to keep an open mind, and if you just find a book of interesting stories, that's fine as well, it's a great read even if you don't believe a word of it :)
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
looking for n.c betta lovers fishman1126 Betta Chat 0 04-13-2012 08:25 PM
What's up betta lovers ?!?! bettalover635 Meet the Betta Keepers 7 01-07-2012 01:34 PM
Any Betta lovers in DFW? Larsa Betta Chat 4 07-05-2011 10:25 PM
betta lovers germanchick09 Betta Chat 0 08-04-2010 12:32 PM
hi betta lovers welflash Betta Fish Care 23 10-13-2009 10:31 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.