Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-15-2012, 03:46 PM   #11 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I have heard the more they surface the dirtier the water is. I keep albino bronze cories love them.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:30 PM   #12 
leafythegreat

Here are some more pictures. I read that it's better when the room is dark and the light is on. Definitely helped the reflection problem! Quality is still bad, but hey, phone camera, what can I do?
leafythegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #13 
Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
Cories do not school with cories that look different racist fish arent they.
I have 10 cories of 6 different species and at first they stuck with their own kind...but now that I have them in a larger tank, they all hang out together. One of my albinos appears to be best friends with one of the julii cories.

ltg....good looking tank! I've been eyeballing that same tank for a dwarf puffer.
Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:43 PM   #14 
Friendlyfishies

glad you like it! I just stocked up on 3 evolve 4's. a bit small :/ but they are super nice! hope they work well for me! :)
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:07 PM   #15 
leafythegreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post
ltg....good looking tank! I've been eyeballing that same tank for a dwarf puffer.
Like Nike says... just do it :P The stock light is bright and beautiful and more than enough to grow plants, and the moonlight mode is really cool. (If you haven't seen my Flickr album, I linked it in my last post. One of the pictures is of moonlight mode.)

I don't know if dwarf puffers like a strong flow or not, but that's my only complaint with the tank. You can see that one water bottle later, I resolved that problem, though it does seem to make the filtration less efficient (something about half of the clean water shooting right back into the filter, I guess...)

In any case, it's a beautiful tank, and I love how all of the cords, filter, and even heater are kept completely out of sight, and all you're left with is your plants and fish :D
leafythegreat is offline   Reply With Quote