Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 12:37 AM   #161 
harleraven

I doubt you will read this at this point, Mo, and I am sorry I got in too late to tell you.

I know that at your age (heck, at any age), things are probably really hard to handle. I raised and showed rabbits around your age, and I had a disease run rampant through my herd one year. I lost most of my best stock, including some of my national winners. I wanted to up and quit, and I was a sobbing mess. I blamed myself for not quarantining enough, not having a separate quarantine for rabbits that had come from shows, and god only knows what else. The sad, hard truth, however was that there was probably little I could have done. Likely one picked up something at a show or a new rabbit was a carrier without ever showing symptoms. Things do happen, and you have to try not to blame yourself. Go ahead and cry yourself out. It's healthy to do so.

However, speaking from someone who has experienced a LOT of heavy grief in her life, it's never a good idea to make a drastic decision when you are feeling down. I am not saying you are not making the right choice. Maybe you are. It might be the best thing for you at this time. However, it might not. You may find yourself regretting selling off your bettas after you have some time to heal. Give yourself some time to grieve, but try not to make any rash decisions until you can think with a clear head. I know firsthand how hard it is to think straight when you are feeling so down. I've done some things I really regretted in such a state, and I would hate for you to have to go through the same thing.

I'm making no pleas for you to stay, to keep your fish, etc. Only you can decide what is right for you. However, only in a calm state of mind will you be able to truly decide that. Whatever you do decide upon, I thank you for sharing your knowledge. It's hard to be a kid and have so much responsibility. It's hard to be taken seriously, no matter how much work and time you put into something. For you to be so well respected, you must be absolutely amazing. I mean that in the very best way. There are some brilliant kids out there that just never get the respect they deserve because of their age. Clearly you have been able to steamroll right past that barrier, which makes me believe you truly are a strong person at heart. I hope that no matter where your life takes you, it is down a wonderful path. Don't forget to explore the paths less traveled. Sometimes they hold the most amazing things.
Closed Thread