Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-16-2012, 06:27 AM   #7341 
amyteee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramla View Post
Pretty, and the spotlight looks kind of cool in the dark picture.

Also it doesn't look like you have a lid on your tank at all currently? So until you get a permanent lid you may want to find something to cover the top temporarily so you don't have to worry about him jumping out
I do have a clear plastic lid on there at the moment, theres some small gaps at the back for wires etc. :D
amyteee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:23 PM   #7342 
BettaKat1962

Movin on up...my rescue gets an upgrade!

Knowing it would be a short matter of time before I would be getting my lil rescue I got earlier this week a bigger tank, I went and got her a 3 gal Tetra acrylic with Whisper micro filter and Tetra LED16 light. Needless to say shes even happier than the day I got her out of that nasty green cup! I also got her and Nippy each a "housekeeper" opal mystery snail . The first 2 are of Tian with her housekeeper Dysen and the 3rd pic is Nippy with his housekeeper Hoover
Attached Images

BettaKat1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #7343 
Jupiter

My cleaned out 5 gal...trust me you do NOT want to see what it looked like before...

Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #7344 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
My cleaned out 5 gal...trust me you do NOT want to see what it looked like before...

Oh, I love that elephant! Is it an actual tank decoration or something you found elsewhere?
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:08 PM   #7345 
Jupiter

Yep, it's for tanks! I found it in the betta section at Petsmart. :)
Old 09-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #7346 
ThePearlFish

Cool! I should check out that section next time I go there, something like that is worth getting now since it might not be there later when I set up my tank. :P
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #7347 
Tikibirds

Quote:
Plus the whole fighting as they can see each other in the dividers always bothered me. Is that really safe to have two bettas share a tank or is it better to have two tanks side by side that are 5 gallon?
It's safest to sillicon the divider in place so there are no gaps, it can't fall over or move. However, mine are not silliconed in place. Every so often someone decided to go visit their neighbor because they found a way into the other side. Also you need to make sure they can't jump over the divider.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #7348 
Relic

New tank! My daughter did all the decorating. Not exactly what I'd of picked but I think she did a good job! I tried to talk her into doing nothing but live plants....would of loved to do a "crypt jungle"....maybe I'll do that with the old 5.5gal.

Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:43 PM   #7349 
teeneythebetta

She did a great job, Relic!
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:12 PM   #7350 
Jupiter

It looks lovely Relic!

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank