Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #21 
sareena79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettanewbie60 View Post
I still can't believe I got him for $3.98 lol
pretty boy! I got my "multi-color" crowntail boy for $5.00 at walmart (I know, I know) and I remember thinking I had never seen one like him before, so maybe I got a "steal" of my own. I sure think so :) keep us posted on your name choice. I went with Sushi thinking it was cute and original but I guess I wasnt the only one with that thought. My next one is gonna be "chumlee" hahahah dont know why but it makes me laugh. I guess cuz I like chumlee from pawn stars plus its a play on the word chum-bait. my father in law loves to fish and hes always threatening to use Sushi as bait b/c hes so "flashy" (only kidding though!)
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:55 PM   #22 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by sareena79 View Post
pretty boy! I got my "multi-color" crowntail boy for $5.00 at walmart (I know, I know) and I remember thinking I had never seen one like him before, so maybe I got a "steal" of my own. I sure think so :) keep us posted on your name choice. I went with Sushi thinking it was cute and original but I guess I wasnt the only one with that thought. My next one is gonna be "chumlee" hahahah dont know why but it makes me laugh. I guess cuz I like chumlee from pawn stars plus its a play on the word chum-bait. my father in law loves to fish and hes always threatening to use Sushi as bait b/c hes so "flashy" (only kidding though!)
Thanks sareena! I got five of my guys from Walmart, and actually I saw a unique one there the other day, and was going to go look for him, but had to go to Pet Supplies Plus for my heaters...I'm so glad I did! I love the name chumlee, so cute! I haven't got his name yet..I'm still looking into all the "b" names....I think if I get anymore after this I'm going to have to start another letter lol!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #23 
Bettanewbie60

Name:  betta 7 006 (600x450).jpg
Views: 52
Size:  28.7 KB
Old 09-16-2012, 02:32 PM   #24 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I do not get what you mean by that? I am sorry I offended you.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:35 PM   #25 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

P.S. I do have buissness here. I can not wait to see him when your fish sparks up from your proper care.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:43 PM   #26 
DragonFish

Coming in a tad late on this thread....but I have to comment; hes STUNNING! What a fantastic find! I'm SO jealous......don't be surprised if he suddenly goes missing. ;) lol.

Judging by that last pic it looks as if hes got a full 180 degree HM spread! Congrats! xD I don't really see anything DT about his form....that little rip/nip'll heal up soon enough I'm sure. ;)
Color-wise he looks like hes got some butterfly going on there....and I think he may just be a Multi. xD He might have some Salamander in there somewhere, but I'm not sure if he'd be classified as one....
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #27 
sareena79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettanewbie60 View Post
that IS a pretty boy..the hard part is coming up with a name to match thier beauty thats also masculine, it would be so much easier if the females were the more ornate ones ya know....google is your friend though :) lemmie know what u come up with!
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:48 PM   #28 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFish View Post
Coming in a tad late on this thread....but I have to comment; hes STUNNING! What a fantastic find! I'm SO jealous......don't be surprised if he suddenly goes missing. ;) lol.

Judging by that last pic it looks as if hes got a full 180 degree HM spread! Congrats! xD I don't really see anything DT about his form....that little rip/nip'll heal up soon enough I'm sure. ;)
Color-wise he looks like hes got some butterfly going on there....and I think he may just be a Multi. xD He might have some Salamander in there somewhere, but I'm not sure if he'd be classified as one....
Hey dragonfish thanks so much! I was looking at other pics and I think he is def a HM too...I was wondering on the coloring and thought butterfly also! I def got a great deal then lol. Yeah, it looked to me like he just had a chunk missing too..probably bitten or a travel injury..either way, he will be healed in no time. He had already settled in great...comes to me, eats etc. I'm so blessed to have found him.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #29 
DragonFish

Sure thing! ;)
Haha, you got a fantastic deal! xD I'm so jealous, hes such a lovey little guy....I especially love his little 'lips' in the second set of pictures. And he sounds like he has a totally adorable personality! I just love it when they settle right in and make themselves at home, don't you? Makes me feel like I'm doing it right. xDD
Yeah, looks like he probably took a little nip out of his tail....not surprising from a larger-finned boy stuck in a little cup. I see it all the time, I think for the most part its a combination of stress and seeing their colorful fins 'chasing' them in such a small space, lol. The last boy I brought home like that is turning out to be a bitter though....but he had more nips when I brought him home then your guy, so hopefully you have better luck!
You'll definitely have to post pics in a couple of weeks or so and show how hes healed. ;)
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:11 PM   #30 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFish View Post
Sure thing! ;)
Haha, you got a fantastic deal! xD I'm so jealous, hes such a lovey little guy....I especially love his little 'lips' in the second set of pictures. And he sounds like he has a totally adorable personality! I just love it when they settle right in and make themselves at home, don't you? Makes me feel like I'm doing it right. xDD
Yeah, looks like he probably took a little nip out of his tail....not surprising from a larger-finned boy stuck in a little cup. I see it all the time, I think for the most part its a combination of stress and seeing their colorful fins 'chasing' them in such a small space, lol. The last boy I brought home like that is turning out to be a bitter though....but he had more nips when I brought him home then your guy, so hopefully you have better luck!
You'll definitely have to post pics in a couple of weeks or so and show how hes healed. ;)
Omgosh aren't his little blue lips so cute? I didn't notice until I got the pics onto my computer and got a good look..he's so freakin' cute lol. I am also hoping it was "cup stress" and that he is not a biter...I have two of those already...He seems pretty happy swimming around today...still haven't decided if I am dividing the 10g for him and another male, or using the 10 for a sorority...then he would be going into Bella's 2.5...so many decisions lol.
I can't wait to take more pics of him...today, tomorrow, next week lol..his colors are just amazing!