Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-16-2012, 03:14 PM   #31 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by sareena79 View Post
that IS a pretty boy..the hard part is coming up with a name to match thier beauty thats also masculine, it would be so much easier if the females were the more ornate ones ya know....google is your friend though :) lemmie know what u come up with!
Yes, all of my fishes names have meaning...for example "Beau Bryce"...Beau of course means, "handsome" and Bryce means "freckled or speckled" lol...so, it takes me a while to find the right one...my most recent VT is "Brady Bliss" meaning, spirited happiness...yup. I'm nuts for names.
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:28 PM   #32 
DragonFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettanewbie60 View Post
Omgosh aren't his little blue lips so cute? I didn't notice until I got the pics onto my computer and got a good look..he's so freakin' cute lol. I am also hoping it was "cup stress" and that he is not a biter...I have two of those already...He seems pretty happy swimming around today...still haven't decided if I am dividing the 10g for him and another male, or using the 10 for a sorority...then he would be going into Bella's 2.5...so many decisions lol.
I can't wait to take more pics of him...today, tomorrow, next week lol..his colors are just amazing!
SO adorable!! <3 Lol, I just love it when they have those little lips....I'm such a sucker for a betta with lips. xD <3 That and colored pectorals as oppose to the usual clear...it just looks like they have tiny little hands waving at you all the time!
Ahh biters....I was lucky for a while with this group of bettas, the most that ever happened was Ciel taking a tiny chunk out of his tail while I was away for a week.....but then I brought home the troublemaker, Legolas, who has now decided he wants to be a PK....and Mephisto suddenly decided he had too much tail out of nowhere....and Merlin decided he'd take a few nips out of HIS tail(not surprising though, hes an HMDT with some massive finnage going on). Sigh....
Well I certainly hope its just cup stress! It'd be such a shame if he was a biter, though he'd still have amazing colors either way. ;)
Ahh, so many decisions! xD Lol, I don't think I could be much help there...
Haha, do a picture log! Take a few pics of him every day and them put them all together to show his progression as he settles in/grows. ;) I did that with Ciel when he was marbling....I still need to post those pictures....xD
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #33 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFish View Post
SO adorable!! <3 Lol, I just love it when they have those little lips....I'm such a sucker for a betta with lips. xD <3 That and colored pectorals as oppose to the usual clear...it just looks like they have tiny little hands waving at you all the time!
Ahh biters....I was lucky for a while with this group of bettas, the most that ever happened was Ciel taking a tiny chunk out of his tail while I was away for a week.....but then I brought home the troublemaker, Legolas, who has now decided he wants to be a PK....and Mephisto suddenly decided he had too much tail out of nowhere....and Merlin decided he'd take a few nips out of HIS tail(not surprising though, hes an HMDT with some massive finnage going on). Sigh....
Well I certainly hope its just cup stress! It'd be such a shame if he was a biter, though he'd still have amazing colors either way. ;)
Ahh, so many decisions! xD Lol, I don't think I could be much help there...
Haha, do a picture log! Take a few pics of him every day and them put them all together to show his progression as he settles in/grows. ;) I did that with Ciel when he was marbling....I still need to post those pictures....xD
Buddy Blue, my CT and my female Cambodian VT, Bella, are the only two I have NOT had tail issues with...Beau and Brady both wrecked their tails the week I put them in a divided tank together...Brady actually lost a whole chunk..Beau's not as bad. My dragon scale delta, Bali, had a bit of tail missing when I got him, and he just kept at that same section..he is doing better since putting him into the planted, divided 10 with my other VT, Bandit..who had just started tearing at the end of HIS tail..sigh..I'm hoping both of those two will leave their tails alone now that they have a new environment and more room. So, with the empty 10g...if I divide it I was gonna put the new guy and Buddy in there, and move Bella to Buddy's 5g..but, Buddy has been in that tank since day one, and as I said, has not had ANY issues, not stress, tail biting or illness, so I'm thinking moving him now, not a good idea. I could divide it for the new guy, still unnamed lol..and get another one! Or I could just put Bella in there, plant it, and makes a sorority at a later time...sigh...I don't know yet lol.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #34 
sareena79

Quote:
Yes, all of my fishes names have meaning...for example "Beau Bryce"...Beau of course means, "handsome" and Bryce means "freckled or speckled" lol...so, it takes me a while to find the right one...my most recent VT is "Brady Bliss" meaning, spirited happiness...yup. I'm nuts for names.
The name Brodie means "ditch or muddy place" and since so many people think bettas come from mud puddles that might be a good one....lemmie see if I can find a middle name with a B that would coordinate ;)
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #35 
sareena79

BENING Indonesian Clear water
Old 09-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #36 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by sareena79 View Post
The name Brodie means "ditch or muddy place" and since so many people think bettas come from mud puddles that might be a good one....lemmie see if I can find a middle name with a B that would coordinate ;)
I actually have Brodie on my list of possibles! Middle names right now, maybe Baha meaning "brilliant"...or Beck, meaning "dweller by the brook"...Hmmm...maybe Brodie Bourne? Bourne means, "from the stream"...lol...this takes me so long.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:08 PM   #37 
DragonFish

Ahhh, such frustrating little things they can be, taring their big beautiful tails....they're still loveable of course, but its always frustrating to see your poor boys fins in tatters. Dx
Thankfully Merlin is not as bad as he could be, or I'd expect him to be for the amount of finnage he has...just a nip here and there, and it usually heals quite quickly. Ironically the two Deltas are worse then my huge-finned DTHM. xDDD
I'm hoping that a cave will help Legolas though...Mephisto....I don't even know what his problem is. xD Hes been in the same place since I got him, haven't moved anything or changed anything, theres too much algae on the divider for him to see Bruce....Sigh. Such a silly thing he is....

Ahhh, all the choices!! Lol, there is so much you could do! xD Best of luck deciding!
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:12 PM   #38 
sareena79

Quote:
I actually have Brodie on my list of possibles! Middle names right now, maybe Baha meaning "brilliant"...or Beck, meaning "dweller by the brook"...Hmmm...maybe Brodie Bourne? Bourne means, "from the stream"...lol...this takes me so long.
I like both of those middle names :) did u see my 2nd post directly under the brodie one with a possible middle name?
Old 09-16-2012, 04:16 PM   #39 
Bettanewbie60

I like the name "Bayou" too..maybe a middle name
Old 09-16-2012, 04:18 PM   #40 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFish View Post
Ahhh, such frustrating little things they can be, taring their big beautiful tails....they're still loveable of course, but its always frustrating to see your poor boys fins in tatters. Dx
Thankfully Merlin is not as bad as he could be, or I'd expect him to be for the amount of finnage he has...just a nip here and there, and it usually heals quite quickly. Ironically the two Deltas are worse then my huge-finned DTHM. xDDD
I'm hoping that a cave will help Legolas though...Mephisto....I don't even know what his problem is. xD Hes been in the same place since I got him, haven't moved anything or changed anything, theres too much algae on the divider for him to see Bruce....Sigh. Such a silly thing he is....

Ahhh, all the choices!! Lol, there is so much you could do! xD Best of luck deciding!
Yeah, it seems the DTs and VTs are really the tail biters around here..and Buddy has the most finnage being a CT..go figure. You can see the chunk missing from Bali's tail in my avatar