Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-16-2012, 05:19 PM   #11 
AngesRadieux

Music died with the advent of pop culture. Classical music and musical theater=the only music that needs ti exist. ;)
AngesRadieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #12 
homegrown terror

actually, bohemian rhapsody is one of my least favorite tracks on "A Night At The Opera" i much prefer the non-characteristic songs on that album, like "'39" "Sunday Afternoon" and "Good Company" but "Love of My Life" is still Queen's greatest song ever, hands down.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:02 PM   #13 
ThePearlFish

Through my dad I developed a liking of popular 80's music.

I grew up listening to the 90's and hearing those songs and early 2000's ones takes me back to my childhood.

I actually really like current popular music.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #14 
homegrown terror

any of you who are Queen fans, have you listened to MIKA? He's basically the next generation of freddie mercury, and well worth a listen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWiccrTB4LM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaEPC...=TLeqviwkOQtUY

Last edited by homegrown terror; 09-16-2012 at 06:11 PM.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:13 PM   #15 
crowntaillove

Yes! I can't read the lyrics without hearing it in Freddie Mercury's voice. xD
crowntaillove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:29 PM   #16 
TheCrabbyTabby

Freddie Mercury, and Queen for that matter, will always be rock legends. Their influence on today's pop culture is immeasurable. Their music is timeless. You hear their songs like "We Will Rock You" and "We are the Champions" every time you go to a sporting event. They are and always will be epic. Period.

My favorite song of theirs has to be "I Want to Break Free" because its just so awesome, especially their music video for it. Freddie knew how to rock a tight leather skirt!!

Music now a days all sucks loads of monkey chunks. Too many emos for my taste. All they do is whine about how miserable their life is. Well let me tell you, their lives are all downright cheery compared to what I went through, and I don't complain nearly half as much as they do, and go about dressing bleakly and all depressingly either. If I did, I probably wouldn't be alive anymore, which would be bad.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #17 
crowntaillove

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrabbyTabby View Post
Freddie Mercury, and Queen for that matter, will always be rock legends. Their influence on today's pop culture is immeasurable. Their music is timeless. You hear their songs like "We Will Rock You" and "We are the Champions" every time you go to a sporting event. They are and always will be epic. Period.

My favorite song of theirs has to be "I Want to Break Free" because its just so awesome, especially their music video for it. Freddie knew how to rock a tight leather skirt!!

Music now a days all sucks loads of monkey chunks. Too many emos for my taste. All they do is whine about how miserable their life is. Well let me tell you, their lives are all downright cheery compared to what I went through, and I don't complain nearly half as much as they do, and go about dressing bleakly and all depressingly either. If I did, I probably wouldn't be alive anymore, which would be bad.

Oh Lord, I forgot about those two songs. They're good. :]
Don't get me wrong, I have respect for Queen, but I don't particularly care for a lot of their music.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:38 PM   #18 
TheCrabbyTabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowntaillove
Don't get me wrong, I have respect for Queen, but I don't particularly care for a lot of their music.
Why?
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #19 
crowntaillove

Its just not something that I care for. I'd prefer to hear Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Eagles, Journey, CCR, Def Leppard...if you'd let me the list could go on and on. Lol. I'm not sure why but I just don't like Queen, the Beatles, or George Thorogood. I mean, I'll sit and sing the lyrics but I could happily spend the rest of my life without hearing them. (Except a choice few songs)
Old 09-16-2012, 09:08 PM   #20 
dramaqueen
Banned

I like the Eagles, Journey, Electric Light Orchestra and the Steve Miller Band.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote