Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-14-2012, 04:19 PM   #11 
TheCheese909

If the AQS doesn't help you can get Maracide or Coppersafe. Both are liquid medication for external parasites.. Maracide is for the use of a hospital tank and Coppersafe is best used for treatment inside the home tank. I believe Coppersafe will treat everything in the tank and not just the fish itself. It kills anything inside the filter and on decorations.

I have both medications but only have used Maracide, but they work in similar ways. Coppersafe will treat the tank for 1 full month at 1 tsp per 4 gallons of water and you're not supposed to do water changes during this time.

That may be your best bet if the salt does not work.
TheCheese909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #12 
Schwielala

Thanks, I don't think I could use the coppersafe then because I don't have my tanks cycled. I've been doing twice a week changes.
Schwielala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:09 AM   #13 
Schwielala

Does anyone else have any advice to offer on whether or not the strings are parasites like anchor worms? There still hasn't been any change for better or worse since I've started salt treatments so I don't know if it's time to switch to actual medicine. I think I read that the API General Cure works for parasites? I feel like I'd want to go with an API product if only because I had good results with the API Fungus Cure and it was easy to administer.
Schwielala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:18 AM   #14 
Silverfang

I was never able to actually cure this, so I'm afraid I can't offer any advice. Hope you figure it out.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote