Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-17-2012, 11:16 AM   #31 
DiiQue

If he still has the white spots, the ICH is still in their early stage of their life and you can just leave him in the current tank, granted the water is clean/new. If you move him, the ICH will transfer over with him since they are still attached. In this stage, I read that the AQ salt will not be as effective due to the "white shell" (think of it as a cocoon/shield). You'll need to raise temperature to about 82-84degrees, which will speed up their lifecycle. When the spots fall off, you will soon see small swimming things and this is when the salt (or medication) will smack them down hard - This is when I would move him out to a QT tank. You are just raising the temp to speed things up.
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:24 AM   #32 
Bharp

Ok, but Fred is blue and white , I see no unusual white spots on him, I am will to try anything to help him but I don't wont hurt him, I am new to this, and will take any advice I can to cure him,,, he has not eaten in three days, I know you said you read thru my post and I thank you for doing so,,do I still continue the AQ salt? Do I still try to feed him? Do I keep him in the dark? I have read so much I am confused!!!!!
Bharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:35 AM   #33 
Bharp

Ok, just moved Fred into 80 deg tank, I'm not sure what's on the side of his gills, if he done this over night rubbing on things or if it's what u saw in the pics,, and put in more salt,, so I change water daily for 5 day before returning him back to his home?
Old 09-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #34 
DiiQue

Do a Google search for "ICH on Fish" and see if your guy has any of the tale-tell signs of this parasite by comparing the pictures.

These sites will also describe ICH better: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/disease/ich.php
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ichthyo...us_multifiliis

I can't tell from the pictures you posted whether or not he has this. I am just going by what you said in the original post of having a white spot(s). Bettas can normally go without eating for a few days, so if he ate something Saturday, he should still be okay. Here's the thread I started when my guy had it: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=111358.

Hope this helps!
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:07 PM   #35 
LebronTheBetta

Sorry, I was doing stuff... He isn't thin, pretty good stomach. I would need a better picture of his face, does it look fuzzy? I don't think he has Ich. Just put him in a QT tank and get a better pic of his face. Add in some IAL or washed dried oak leaves until we diagnosed the sickness.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:34 PM   #36 
Bharp

Had to leave for work, where do I get the things you recommend,?
Old 09-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #37 
Bharp

No fuzzy face,, I did notice a spot on his cheek area ,like he has been rubbing on something and a scale looks lifted? When I put him in 80. Deg water he seamed to like that, he still like floppy fins,do I continue the SQ salt treatment?
Old 09-17-2012, 02:13 PM   #38 
Fredsterbit

First try and get a picture with better lighting so that we can tell what's going on. From what I gather and my very limited experience with fish, it seems to be something similar to cotton mouth. It may be a fungal infection on the mouth OR columnaris. This may help you.

http://animal-world.com/encyclo/fres...ses.htm#Fungus
Fredsterbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:35 PM   #39 
LebronTheBetta

You can get IAL online and the oak leaves outside but remember to wash it. Make the temperature 76F as bacteria seem to like heat more than cold.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote