Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-17-2012, 03:18 PM   #11 
Oldfishlady

Females will always have unripe eggs in them once mature. They will either drop and eat or not or reabsorbed the unripe eggs on a regular basis.

It is not uncommon for their poop to change when they either eat or reabsorb their eggs. The fecal matter will take on a white/creamy look for a few days and should resolve on its own-not to be confused with parasites and treated needlessly.

As she fills with eggs and/or the eggs start to ripen-she may or may not take on a head down tail up swimming position.

Once the female detects the male her eggs will ripen and she will emit pheromones alerting the male she is ready to spawn.

Lovely Betta by the way....how is she doing today...any changes...
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:46 PM   #12 
Pogthefish

Rlly? I didn't know the part about the pheromones (well I did but I wasnt sure if it was true) so off topic, but if I have a male in a breeder box with the eggy females at night and in a jar during the day, will the on and off pheromones do anything to him?
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:46 PM   #13 
marybethw

Hm i knew none of that :P but that's really interesting! I have no clue what Xena does with her eggs. Okay so i started the Epsom salt in the her water. And i followed your directions precisely, adding slowly the warm water with the epsom, and lowering her water level. And also putting clear wrap on top to keep moisture in. Today was the day I had to changer her water anyway. I don't have any tannin yet, but i figured I could start easing some of her symptoms while i can.
Oh and another question, lately she's started like.. hiding i guess you could say. She has that white plant, and lays in it.. face down. Tail up. Right in the middle of the plant, or in the leaves of it. And sometimes i cant find her because her reddish tail looks like the reddish flowers on the plant xD I don't know, she does it a lot and it worries me a little. is stuff like that normal? Or does it have something to do with her swim bladder?
And what feeding schedule am i following while I'm treating her? I changed her feeding to 1 pellet twice a day, unsoaked. And one day a week of rest for her belly.
So sorry about all the questions! But thank you for being so so continuously helpful
marybethw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
swim bladder