Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-17-2012, 05:58 PM   #1 
LebronTheBetta

No A's, No Dog. :(

I'm just going to place my rant here... :(
My mom said if I get straight A's in 6th grade I could get a dog. Well, I have ALL A'S except for my Math 7. Yes, I'm advanced. :l I just forgot to turn in my summer math packet on the deadline and now my grade is just a B... I'm so sad!! I wanted a dog since I was little but now... My dream has been squashed. :'( I JUST FORGOT!! That's all I did. And now I can't get a dog.
I'm so sad right now. I was going to adopt one from the shelters near here. But no. Now, I'm stuck with scaled animals. :\
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:47 PM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Scaled pets are great.You could behave super super super well and try your best to be on your moms good side. I would be in honors the irony is they said it was because how distruptive. I would behave better if i was challenged.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:51 PM   #3 
toad

Awww don't worry love :( There are plenty of dogs out there waiting for you. You'll have one before you know it!
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:58 PM   #4 
thekinetic

Your mom's splitting hairs over a B?! No offense but that's a real **** move!
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:00 PM   #5 
RandyTheBettaFish

Ugh thats too bad... I hope you get one someday soon though!
RandyTheBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #6 
RoxieStClaire

Man, that's the exact opposite of my family. Never had to worry about not having a dog since neither of my parents could fathom not living with one, but I had to work for fishies and hermit crabs!

Good luck on getting one eventually though! I can't believe they're holding a technicality against you.
RoxieStClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:19 PM   #7 
vilmarisv

A deal is a deal and my mom would've done exactly the same.
Renegociate with your mom she might change the terms of your agreement for the future.
Look at it this way... she's letting you have fish! And Im sure there are a hundred other things you enjoy each day that she could deny you of.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:49 PM   #8 
Laki

Try to make up for it in another way. Offer to help around the house or clean out the garage/basement/attic. I mean a close B is not an A but your mom needs to appreciate your efforts in some way!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:16 PM   #9 
registereduser

After seeing how you care for your current pets she should know you will be very responsible in caring for the dog. Any chance she will surprise you with one on xmas or birthday? Might be better to wait until school is out next year anyway, that way you can spend all your time with the dog all summer long.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:34 PM   #10 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
Scaled pets are great.You could behave super super super well and try your best to be on your moms good side. I would be in honors the irony is they said it was because how distruptive. I would behave better if i was challenged.
I know they're awesome but they're not as... Furry. Just because you disrupt? That's stupid crap. -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by toad View Post
Awww don't worry love :( There are plenty of dogs out there waiting for you. You'll have one before you know it!
I hope so. I just want to rescue those in the euthanizing list. Which is mostly all of them after a few months or so. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
Your mom's splitting hairs over a B?! No offense but that's a real **** move!
I know! I can't move, I'm still in 6th grade remember? :\

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyTheBettaFish View Post
Ugh thats too bad... I hope you get one someday soon though!
Yep, I always wanted one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxieStClaire View Post
Man, that's the exact opposite of my family. Never had to worry about not having a dog since neither of my parents could fathom not living with one, but I had to work for fishies and hermit crabs!

Good luck on getting one eventually though! I can't believe they're holding a technicality against you.
Lucky!! Well, I will definitely get one. I'm gonna be a vet in the future so I'll always see animals! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilmarisv View Post
A deal is a deal and my mom would've done exactly the same.
Renegociate with your mom she might change the terms of your agreement for the future.
Look at it this way... she's letting you have fish! And Im sure there are a hundred other things you enjoy each day that she could deny you of.
I guess you can put it like that. Lebron is already enough for now. I do have a ton of things to do. Thanks for making me feel more positive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Try to make up for it in another way. Offer to help around the house or clean out the garage/basement/attic. I mean a close B is not an A but your mom needs to appreciate your efforts in some way!
That I already do. I'm just in a bad mood right now. :\ I don't feel like chores but its for the dog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
After seeing how you care for your current pets she should know you will be very responsible in caring for the dog. Any chance she will surprise you with one on xmas or birthday? Might be better to wait until school is out next year anyway, that way you can spend all your time with the dog all summer long.
We need to move out first before we get a dog. I can wait, but the dogs at shelters can't. :,(

Thank you everybody for caring. I talked to her about it and she says she's going to give me another chance. It's the final one really. She doesn't like animals and my dad is the only one who likes them. She doesn't see me responsible for caring Lebron as "He's just a fish." :( So technically she sees him as a waste of space, she'll understand some day... Hopefully in the future my A's will save a dog. :)
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote