Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-12-2011, 07:09 PM   #21 
Myates

Sorry to hear your experience.. sounds like it was possibly sick prior to shipping or was just overly stressed. You said you went out to buy water... don't have running water in home? Tap water is what you should be using, bottled water lacks the various nutrients, bios, etc that tap provides. You just have to use water conditioner with the tap. Sounds like it had fin rot as well, which is easily cured if known how to. Sorry for your loss =(
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:58 AM   #22 
HatsuneMiku

i've been thinking about getting a thailand betta from aquabid (since my bf promised me he would get me one if i put the betta down at the store .. LOL) so my search begins !!

i'd love to hear more aquabid experiences .. how the whole trans-shipper thing works .. cus it seems jennifer is the one to go to that actually has general information like a website/info page .. the other US transhippers just have an e-mail or phone number .. and i feel wary about just e-mailing them all my questions especially when i haven't won any bids on aqua bid yet .. as i'm sure they are very busy doing other things .. the whole process is so confusing to me D= ..
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:17 AM   #23 
baroquelvr

Unhappy

TY for the nice message. Yes, it was heartbreaking to see it slowly die and I didn't know what to do. I went to pet shop and they gave me these drops to put in water to stop fin rot but it didn't work. Some people suggested I kill it, and I couldn't bring myself to do that. I did the best I could and gave it the best life I knew how. He was loved, that I can say. I didn't know about tap water being good for them. I was told by the seller to use spring water from bottles. I was at work and ran to convenient mart and bought a bottle. I will be learning how to care for bettas more before I ever have another. I cried over him. And I will not be having it shipped from such a far location. The fish was in such bad shape when he got here, and his picture when he left was beautiful...if indeed that was a true picture. Ty for your reply and for the advice on the tap water!
baroquelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:48 AM   #24 
HatsuneMiku

tap water will have to be used with water conditioner .. because the chlorine in the water is toxic to all fish .. spring water is not extremely bad for emergencies .. especially since you only used it that one time .. the only thing i can think of is .. if the bottle of water you bought was too cold (refrigerated section) or not .. cus the drastic temperature change could put him into shock ..

also on jennfiers (GA transhipper) info site .. she does mention that the bettas are very stressed out when shipped and most of the time end up at ur door with lost of color and possible tail biting .. but do recover quickly as they were very healthy before being shipped
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:36 PM   #25 
angelus2402004

So how does it work? If you bought the fish from Thailand you pay the shipping fee and then the fish is shipped to the closest area say like Miami. Then the transhipper in that area receives the fish from Miami and then ships the fish to you in your area or do you have to pick it up?
angelus2402004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:00 PM   #26 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelus2402004 View Post
So how does it work? If you bought the fish from Thailand you pay the shipping fee and then the fish is shipped to the closest area say like Miami. Then the transhipper in that area receives the fish from Miami and then ships the fish to you in your area or do you have to pick it up?
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=58009
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:04 PM   #27 
xShainax

I got two betta's from breeders on here. One was from Washington and came here in three days. I am surprised he came at my home healthy
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote