Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-18-2012, 08:42 AM   #171 
SeaHorse
TFK Moderator

Awww. A big hug from me too!!
Your situation seems to be changing from week to week! 2 steps forward, one back.... That is a lot for anyone to handle. You will get thru this! It's just another challenge. Can you do any volunteer work during the day or are you also job hunting yourself? You do need some adult attention! LOL. I remember when I was on Maternity leave, some days my biggest excitement was some cute commercial on TV I had taped to show him. I was lonely for adult attention!
Connect with close friends, neighbors. Are there local groups that play cards? Euchre, Bridge? Dog walking groups or parks? Find a way to get out of the house with another adult so you don't go mad!! lol The USA is going to come out of this mess so much stronger than it was before! You just have to lay the foundation again and the positive in all this will be that you have all reconnected with family and friends, what really matters. And jobs are being brought home again from China and India, call centers that should never have left are coming home. Look in that area for work, companies that have call centers. Just ideas. Up here in Ontario, Canada it is not over yet either! In Aug 2010, we had 13% HST slapped onto everything we do. But it has a domino effect for 2011 too. Hockey, dance lessons, horse riding, everything fun!! and then also the electricity bill, water bill. We really struggled with that all last year... We are now facing the closing of Horse Race tracks and that will effect 60,000 jobs, and 13,000 horses. That is coming March 1st 2013. My daughter works at a track as a waitress to make ends meet as her second job, and I work with horses. 2 in our family will be effected.

TFK's new CHAT room is almost ready to go live... you will be able to come in and chat fish and anything you want. We rarely stay on topic by the way, and you can private chat with someone on the side if you wish. We're hoping it will be live within a week. Keep checking on it... I try to be on there every couple of days. My daughter is 26, you can always bounce stuff off me, or vent for that matter!! Chat soon!!
SeaHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:04 PM   #172 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakiebabie View Post
Awww. A big hug from me too!!
Your situation seems to be changing from week to week! 2 steps forward, one back.... That is a lot for anyone to handle. You will get thru this! It's just another challenge. Can you do any volunteer work during the day or are you also job hunting yourself? You do need some adult attention! LOL. I remember when I was on Maternity leave, some days my biggest excitement was some cute commercial on TV I had taped to show him. I was lonely for adult attention!
Connect with close friends, neighbors. Are there local groups that play cards? Euchre, Bridge? Dog walking groups or parks? Find a way to get out of the house with another adult so you don't go mad!! lol The USA is going to come out of this mess so much stronger than it was before! You just have to lay the foundation again and the positive in all this will be that you have all reconnected with family and friends, what really matters. And jobs are being brought home again from China and India, call centers that should never have left are coming home. Look in that area for work, companies that have call centers. Just ideas. Up here in Ontario, Canada it is not over yet either! In Aug 2010, we had 13% HST slapped onto everything we do. But it has a domino effect for 2011 too. Hockey, dance lessons, horse riding, everything fun!! and then also the electricity bill, water bill. We really struggled with that all last year... We are now facing the closing of Horse Race tracks and that will effect 60,000 jobs, and 13,000 horses. That is coming March 1st 2013. My daughter works at a track as a waitress to make ends meet as her second job, and I work with horses. 2 in our family will be effected.

TFK's new CHAT room is almost ready to go live... you will be able to come in and chat fish and anything you want. We rarely stay on topic by the way, and you can private chat with someone on the side if you wish. We're hoping it will be live within a week. Keep checking on it... I try to be on there every couple of days. My daughter is 26, you can always bounce stuff off me, or vent for that matter!! Chat soon!!
Thanks so much...I'm trying to find a job, and I think I got one today at "Halloween City", of course it will only be temp, but it's something...oh, and I am going to be in a play with our local theater, and our first meeting is in Oct., so I am trying to find other things to do. With the new pup in the house and still being trained, it is hard to get out for more than a few hours. I'll be okay...I really hope I get this job, then hubby can quit driving cab and have time to find a normal PT job at night. On I go....lol
And LOL @ "Call centers"..that is what my hubby's day job is!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:55 PM   #173 
dramaqueen
Banned

The community play will be fun. I always had fun doing dinner theaters at my church but now that we stopped going they may not let me participate. They let people from out of state participate so why not me?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:57 PM   #174 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
The community play will be fun. I always had fun doing dinner theaters at my church but now that we stopped going they may not let me participate. They let people from out of state participate so why not me?
I am so looking forward to it too! It will be a way to get out of the house, meet people and have fun! I'm so glad I got the nerve to try out for it.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:38 AM   #175 
Bettanewbie60

It's been another long, busy day. I got all the equipment I need to set up my 10g tanks, and my 8th betta! I'm so excited to get all my tanks set up in the living room. I just wish I could figure out where I'm going to put them. I really need to yardsale for a couple of tables or something. One of my 10g tanks is on a microwave cart, and I love it, it's so easy to move around if I have to. I have an old console stereo that is not working and I only paid $45 for, but I would love to get it running some day, and am afraid of ruining it with the tanks, even if I cover it. But I really don't have anywhere else to put all the tanks. I have a bookcase in my room that can hold one, I'll just move it out here. Then there is the dresser that Buddy's 5g is on right now, but it is kind of warped on top, so to level his tank I have to keep it in the center, so I would really rather get him off of there. So, I need a really long stable table or cabinet, or a couple of them. Hmmmm...the newest 10g is going to have live plants also, so I will have to be able to set up the light over it...so much planning. I still think yard sales will have to be the answer...I did see a great idea for a cinder block shelving unit like we used to set up in the 70s...that may be a good solution, cheap, stable, and all the cubbies in the blocks can hold fish items. I could always cover it with a cloth too. hmmm. Gosh, it is 2:30 am...hubby just got home from his second job and is in bed..and here I sit, tired, but wanting to play with my fish/tanks lol.
Oh, on another note..I finally heard from my brother today. I have been so worried about him..it was great to hear his voice and get to chat for a while.
I really hope I get hired for that job at Halloween City..then hubby won't have to work nights anymore, and I won't have to worry about him so much.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:53 PM   #176 
dramaqueen
Banned

Your 8th betta! lol You know we want pics. I hope you can find a table at a yard sale or maybe you could find one at a thrift store.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:14 PM   #177 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Your 8th betta! lol You know we want pics. I hope you can find a table at a yard sale or maybe you could find one at a thrift store.
LOL...I still need to name him! And I ended up using my old stereo console..it holds three tanks! Pics are up in Betta pictures...though still no new guy pic..I tried taking some but he's still in the bowl and none of them came out!
Old 09-26-2012, 11:34 PM   #178 
Bettanewbie60

This has been a really rough day...beyond rough really. I woke up to my second dead betta in two days, I had to take my dog, Cody to get his nails trimmed at the salon because clipping them has always been a battle and stressful on us both. Watching him get them done through the window was really hard on me, one because I knew he was scared, and two, because I felt like a bad owner by not ever being able to get him used to it no matter what method I had tried. I actually broke down crying in the middle of Petsmart. I felt so guilty, about the fish, about the dog, about hubby working 20 hour days, and me unable so far to find a job.
My daughter is still not speaking to me, and I just found out a few days ago that her grandmother, my exes mom has heart cancer..and I can't even be there to comfort my little girl, because she hates me.
My brother is in psych ward again, and I don't know where or how to get a hold of him...I have had to handle everything around here lately because of hubby's extreme hours, and we still have barely any money. In the past two days I've cut the back lawn, weed wacked all of it, raked and burned the debris, taken care of all the animals myself, done dishes, grocery shopping, paid bills, mopped floors, and applied for jobs. I should be learning my lines for the first read through of the play coming up on Oct. 15, but my days just run out of hours. It is after midnight now..the dogs are sleeping, fish are all okay for now, hubby is asleep, though I feel guilty I didn't make dinner tonight for him..and all he ate was some snacks. Here I sit, exhausted, but don't want to sleep yet. I took my "nerve med", got some chocolate and pepsi...what a combo huh? Now, if I just had someone to hold me, let me cry myself out, tell me it's all okay. I'm 51 years old and "I want my mommy". I'm a mess.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:43 AM   #179 
dramaqueen
Banned

Aww, Kim, I'm so sorry. I wish I could reach through the computer and give you a hug. I'm sure Cody was ok with his nails being clipped. Losing one pet is bad enough but two is really hard. You don't need to feel guilty. You gave those fish a wonderful, loving home and I'm sure they knew it. I
t must be hard having your husband gone all the time and in this economy making ends meet is difficult. You've got us here on the forum and we're always here to listen to you. I'll keep you in my prayers, my friend.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:47 AM   #180 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Aww, Kim, I'm so sorry. I wish I could reach through the computer and give you a hug. I'm sure Cody was ok with his nails being clipped. Losing one pet is bad enough but two is really hard. You don't need to feel guilty. You gave those fish a wonderful, loving home and I'm sure they knew it. I
t must be hard having your husband gone all the time and in this economy making ends meet is difficult. You've got us here on the forum and we're always here to listen to you. I'll keep you in my prayers, my friend.
Thank you Teresa...why is it when we feel like this that kind words make us start crying again..maybe it's just cause we need to know someone cares...bless you hon.