Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
View Poll Results: Which pet is easiest to care for out of these?
Dog 7 24.14%
Betta fish 5 17.24%
Cat 8 27.59%
Syrian hamster 0 0%
Dwarf hamster 3 10.34%
Goldfish 0 0%
Leopard gecko 1 3.45%
Ball python 3 10.34%
Corn snake 1 3.45%
Mouse 0 0%
Rats 0 0%
Rabbit 0 0%
Horse 0 0%
Cockateil 0 0%
Macaw 0 0%
Guinea pigs 0 0%
Ferret 0 0%
Goat 0 0%
Tortoise 0 0%
Frog 1 3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2012, 12:25 PM   #21 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowySurface View Post
I find it interesting that so many people find dogs easy to care for. I wonder if dogs really are easy, or if they are so common as pets that society makes it easy. Like, you'll find dog parks and dog walkers sooner than you'll find snake parks and ball phyton sitters. XD
I think those people mean that dogs are more rewarding or something because i have dogs and they are a LOT more work than, say, a betta fish...
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #22 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaturbyfill View Post
Out of all the pets I have, the toads are the easiest. By easiest, I mean we spend the least time on upkeep for them. Substrate doesn't have to be changed as often as bedding, and they don't need time out of the aquarium. So, basically, make sure it's clean, change the water, throw in some crickets.
Yeah I had a frog before and he was pretty easy... Only thing is you gotta gutload/dust the feeders and keep track of the humidity...
Old 09-14-2012, 01:53 PM   #23 
SpookyTooth

Out of my pets the easiest to take care of has to be my beetles. You don't clean them out (due to them burrowing, eggs and grubs), change their food once a week (I use beetle jelly so it stays fresher for longer, I could probably wait more than a week before changing food out but I prefer to do it weekly as soil can get into the jelly and mites can appear), keep 'em warm (they're fine at 20C, a small heating pad for winter nights will help out) and occasionally add more leaf litter and/or old wood and there you go, happy beetles that'll buzz around and scuttle everywhere and just make you feel good inside.

Of all the animals on the list that I have cared for in my time I have to say I believe cats are the easiest to maintain. Ours always have access to fresh water and dry food, we give them wet food once or twice a day and we seldom need to clean their litter box (they roam a lot during the day). Of course one has to consider taking the animal to the vet for vaccinations and general maintenance costs but financial aspects aside I really think cats are a wonderful, easy to maintain pet that can be endlessly loving.

I also find most of their maintenance requirements (except litter box cleaning) to be very enjoyable, our cats talk to us when we feed them and water them and are little love bugs generally anyway.

I personally believe that part of the "care level" of a pet should consider how much joy you get back from the daily or weekly tasks required by said animal. Some have large amounts of maintenance required but the response you get from the animal can make those "mundane" tasks seem very easy.

Last edited by SpookyTooth; 09-14-2012 at 01:57 PM.
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:24 PM   #24 
babystarz

I actually do find my dog really easy to care for, but that's because I grew up with dogs. And my parents take care of the vet bills (Copper is their "grandpuppy" lol).
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:45 AM   #25 
MaisyDawgThirteen

I gave my dwarf a giant bowl so I only have to change it once a week, plus she loves sitting in the bowl. :3
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:25 AM   #26 
RedRaz

I would say out of all the pets I have cared for my Crested Gecko is the easiest to care for.
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:06 AM   #27 
finnfinnfriend

Oops! Forgot to add cresties! That is anoher pretty common pet...
Old 09-15-2012, 08:07 AM   #28 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaisyDawgThirteen View Post
I gave my dwarf a giant bowl so I only have to change it once a week, plus she loves sitting in the bowl. :3
Doesnt it get stale? /:
Old 09-18-2012, 07:33 AM   #29 
SnowySurface

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
I think those people mean that dogs are more rewarding or something because i have dogs and they are a LOT more work than, say, a betta fish...
Makes sense.

Betta's are easier to care for in terms of manual labor. But fish don't fetch your slippers for you.
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:39 PM   #30 
TheCrabbyTabby

At least you don't have to wrestle with a fish to get their leash and harness on for a walk every evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaisyDawgThirteen
You keep your dwarf hamster in a fish bowl? o_O

Last edited by TheCrabbyTabby; 09-18-2012 at 12:41 PM.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote