Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-17-2012, 10:08 AM   #1 
a123andpoof

Stressed or normal color?

So I bought Hope a month ago or so and she seems happy. She was in a 1g but then to make room for a new guy she ended up in a divided 10g with 2 other females. i know stress stripes mean they are stressed, but their has only been a few times I have seen her without stripes and honestly she seemed a bit more stressed at those times.
The first time was when I was at walmart and she was at deaths door she was pale and no stress stripes. I doubt its her tank mates cause even alone she had them. She is a wild type coloring so am wondering if thats just how she looks. I don't want her to be stressed so opinions are welcomed! Just to say this is an older pic from when I first got her, but patterns still the same the only difference is I think the stripes have gotten brighter. Her tail and fin colors are nice and bright.

When stressed also when I first brought her home no stripes just pale
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:00 AM   #2 
lelei

Confusing to me too.my Pompom looks like that too..but in different lighting..she tenfs to look darker..and not striped..so I was wondering too..but it seems normal..not sure why
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:06 AM   #3 
lelei

My fishy has stripes too

Can yu see it in this pic..
Attached Images

lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #4 
a123andpoof

Yeah I know it seems completely normal, but all these people on here are like they aren't supposed to be striped! So I want to know since I obviously want her to be happy though she seems fine.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:28 PM   #5 
homegrown terror

how old is she? young bettas have stripes like that for camouflage, and females tend to hold onto them longer than males. if she's particularly young she might still be growing into her color.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:43 AM   #6 
a123andpoof

She is wild type coloring. Judging by her size I would say she is probably around 1 year. Could be older could be a little younger. I bought her from walmart and she is pretty big. I dont think she is getting any body coloring you can just tell from her coloring and the color of her tail. I will try and get better pics tonight.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:55 AM   #7 
OrangeAugust

I can't see the picture because I'm at work and they block pictures unless you attach them to your post... but is she the one in your avatar? She looks like the girl I just bought, who also has stress stripes A LOT. But she might just be adjusting... I'm not sure.
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #8 
a123andpoof

Nope not the girl in my avatar I have 5 females lol this is a different one.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #9 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

I cant say for sure but I think the strips for her are normal since she is the wild type.
She sure is a pretty little girl, is she eating well and exploring her new home ?
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:28 PM   #10 
a123andpoof

Thats what I think to, but I wanted to make sure cause everyone says their not but thats on non wild type bettas
Yeah she eats like a pig and explores her home