Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-18-2012, 05:24 PM   #201 
betta526

Here is current set up in my basement. I'll be rearranging some tanks today or tomorrow. Want to put lights on the 2.5 gallon drums and also put sponge filter, lights and plants in there. In all honestly, I got my 30 gallon tank for free as well as many of my 10 gallons. I spent money on the filters, heaters and all the 5 gallons/2.5 gallons. But never pay retail for any of them.

Here is my fish tank room:

Here is my 30 gallon show tank:

Here is my crowntail bought from Walmart in March this year:

Here is my halfmoon ("elephant ear" ??) bought from Petco also in March:
betta526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:40 PM   #202 
JadeAngel

wow! You have a lot of little angels! o.o

Is it just the picture, or are his eyes swollen? I love the fullness of his tail and fins :D
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:21 PM   #203 
betta526

I'm not sure if it's really swollen or he's been like that since I got him. I'm trying to look at photos of him back in March to compare.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #204 
betta526

Here is photo of him when I first got him. It's still not a good pic since its a little distorted from the crease of the jar. I'll have to dig up more photo. What do you think?

Here is a clearer close up:

Last edited by betta526; 09-18-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:47 PM   #205 
Tikibirds

My little girl is all growed up. SHe is not an adult yet but she isn't a baby anymore. out of 4, she is the only one to not die in a week. Princess Azula

now:

She has a MUSTACHE! LOL

Quote:
I am tempted to get one just so I know one out of the thousands a sold a year won't have to die.
That's a nice theory but so many of them are too weak and sick from shipping and petco lovely fish care - many still won't make it :( It's a better bet to "rescue" adults as they can rebound alot easier then the babies or so it seems. I tried 4 times and this is the only one to survive. The last one was so small and the ammonia in the cup registered an 8.0 - I have seen some adults recover from that but this little guy didn't make it :(

Last edited by Tikibirds; 09-18-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:53 PM   #206 
JadeAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by betta526 View Post
Here is photo of him when I first got him. It's still not a good pic since its a little distorted from the crease of the jar. I'll have to dig up more photo. What do you think?
He's my kind of betta Beautiful, and I've only seen dumbo fins once at petco, so maybe you got lucky with that? I've read they tire more easily?
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #207 
shi

@Betta526: Oh gawd, you make me so jealous... ):

Petco just really got interested in bettas...lol they have the biggest variety for a chain store, and best care for bettas (in my area, it's definitely not ideal care, but it's better than other stores). I also checked out the bettas from Walmart, seems they're taking better care of their bettas too (that, or it's new shipment)
shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:08 PM   #208 
betta526

I guess he does tire more easily, all that finnage he's carrying! LOL!! When I got him, I didn't know anything about dumbo fins/elephant ears. Just thought he looked real pretty. I even had petco price match petsmart's price (cheaper at petsmart). I never really officially named him. My 2.5 year old back then called him "Campus" - name of a pigeon in a cartoon. He called my crowntail "Color"! Don't know where that came from.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:37 PM   #209 
betta526

Shi- the Petco I go to is only 5 mins drive from my house. This and maybe a couple locations within 20 mins drive from me tend to take better care of the Bettas - as far as I can tell anyways. Many walmarts in my area stopped carrying live fish or never have. I drove 20-25 mins to the Walmart where I got my crowntail. I dont go there often, but was in the area over the weekend and found another crowntail. Noticed they are not as well stocked as the last time i was there in March.

Here is my new crowntail addition. I think he has room for more growth.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:32 PM   #210 
betta526

Here is a photo of my petco baby betta sorority. I did the best I could to get a clear shot.

Tags
baby betta, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta