Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-20-2012, 08:00 PM   #11 
teeneythebetta

Wow they look so beautiful!
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:31 PM   #12 
JackisLost

nice job with the stem plants. i always grow them so ugly and pull them out and toss them :(
JackisLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:05 AM   #13 
SpookyTooth

Thank you all! The plants need to be trimmed back again and I'm still waiting to get Kaze's tank started but otherwise it's growing in beautifully.
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:41 AM   #14 
jake1515

Absolutely lovely plants. This might motivate me to get more plants because I have been quite timid with my plants and they are growing, but slowly. Also, that substrate looks awesome. Thank you for this thread!
jake1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:43 AM   #15 
jake1515

Oh and to continue with my props train, maybe it was obvious to some, but what a lovely way not to write off a betta's temperament and think of a way to help him =)
jake1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:42 PM   #16 
NapoleonUWS

they look great!
NapoleonUWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:59 AM   #17 
SpookyTooth

It's been a little while since I updated this topic with any progress but I have some news that has accumilated over the last few weeks.

I was never able to get a second cube tank for Kaze, it didn't come into stock and looked like it'd take a long time.

Echo unfortunately passed away a couple of weeks ago; he fell ill very suddenly and simply didn't make it. I did everything I could to help him (he developed dropsy) but nothing worked... this left his tank empty and a space in my room that felt, well, empty too.

I decided to tear Echo's tank down and set up the 54 litre instead for Kaze. After spending lots of time and money on getting the tank just-so the bottom seal gave way and the whole thing started losing water. It wasn't something I was able to fix so I decided to clean out Echo's 7gal (this cube aquarium actually holds 27 litres/7 gallons, not 21 litres/5 gallons as I thought) and use that instead.

After a lot of heartache and frustration I feel confident that Kaze is finally in an ideal home, he's much more active than he used to be (although he's always been rather active) and just seems happier and healthier. It's taking a while for his new piece of driftwood to sink but in the meantime I've got a plate and glass measuring jug sat on top.

Hopefully things can calm down a little now and I can look forward to watching Kaze live the rest of his life in my favourite set up.
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote