Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-18-2012, 11:22 PM   #1 
shi

Water Wisteria Help

There are microscopic white particles covering the stem and a little of the leaves on my water wisteria, and it comes off if I scrape at it. Any idea what that might be?
shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:18 AM   #2 
toad

It sounds like a fungus... I have water wisteria in 5 of my tanks, and they don't have what you're describing. Wisteria does grow roots from its stem, they look like little white strings; but there's nothing on the leaves.
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #3 
lelei

I have those on my Amazon Sword plants too..the roots..lil strings..but Wisteria..breaks off so easy..lil pieces floating around..but if yu see fuzz its possibly dying..and will turn ucky brown..I am not likin Wisteria for that reason..they seem to die quickly.
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:25 PM   #4 
toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
I have those on my Amazon Sword plants too..the roots..lil strings..but Wisteria..breaks off so easy..lil pieces floating around..but if yu see fuzz its possibly dying..and will turn ucky brown..I am not likin Wisteria for that reason..they seem to die quickly.

I love wisteria, I think it's so pretty. In only 1 one of my tanks, it died quickly, and I don't know why. It's the only tank with a lot of water movement, so maybe they prefer still water? In all the betta tanks, the wisteria does great and grows like a weed.
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:33 PM   #5 
shi

They aren't fuzzy, they look kind of like....spores...and it's only growing on the top part of the plant, on the stem and surrounding petiole ):

And yes, all plants' roots grow on the lower part of the stems (:

@toad: I love wisteria too, looks so pretty! My cousin actually gave me a piece that she nipped off from her bigger plant, so my betta baby wouldn't be lonely...hahahah

Last edited by shi; 09-19-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:38 PM   #6 
shi

Here's a picture if it helps: