Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-19-2012, 10:53 PM   #11 
Frazzle

Not gunna lie... It looks neat, but its wrong.
Frazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:19 PM   #12 
LadyVictorian

It would look better as tank decoration inside a 10gal tank though. You could still do that and not have it be the fishes home.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:23 PM   #13 
LadyVictorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shi View Post
Also, I believe that bottle holds a gallon, which some people raise their bettas with. I held a gallon of milk in that bottle before (because I dropped the milk and the milk bottle exploded lol)

It doesn't look like a lot of space compared to a one gallon bowl though...haha
Even if it could hold a gallon where is the heater? Plants? The fish can't live without a heater and they need shelter like plants. It's still not an acceptable home and there is little place for it to breath air from the surface. A horrible thing to put a fish in.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:44 PM   #14 
Jully

The plastic is not good to have, the old drink in the water could easily effect the fish from the plastic since plastic is horrible, hard to clean out and asorbs a lot of crap, which can easily kill your fish.

Poor betta, I would of stole that betta from her, I never steal but if I knew her I would crab that bottle walk out of the house and if she ever talked to me I would of been like "You are an animal abuser, why do you DESERVE to even care for a fish? That's utterly disgusting, and not even fancy at all."

It actually looks quite stupid, a fish in a bottle, looks stupid in my opinion... And useless
Jully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:50 PM   #15 
harleraven

How do you even clean it without traumatizing the poor betta?
harleraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:56 PM   #16 
LadyVictorian

I'm betting they don't clean them. I don't think they put them in their with the intentions of ever cleaning it. I mean honestly it seems they did it more for a decoration. Fish dies they go buy a new one to replace it then assume betta's only live a month max, not because they were kept in these chambers of death and suffering. :/
Old 09-20-2012, 12:26 AM   #17 
Koda

Okay, so I know both "tanks" are awful, but seriously what's the point of that second one? I mean I can at least follow the fish abuser's thoughts behind putting a betta in that first bottle. I'd have to admit that it does look kind of pretty if I can manage to forget that it's nothing but a torture chamber (I mean I would totally buy a liqueur bottle with a photo of a betta on the inside for decoration), but you can hardly see the poor fish in the Absolut bottle.

On a different note, I think I'd love to have a tank made to look like a giant liqueur bottle. I'd have it placed in the middle of a rec room and it would reach from the floor to the ceiling.
Koda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:46 AM   #18 
Luimeril

sadly, people like that are often so stuck in the myths, you can't talk them out of it, unless you show them a video of a betta in a legit tank. 'look at how happy he/she is! look at how much he/she swims, and how cute the tank is!' stuff like that.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:58 AM   #19 
shi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
Even if it could hold a gallon where is the heater? Plants? The fish can't live without a heater and they need shelter like plants. It's still not an acceptable home and there is little place for it to breath air from the surface. A horrible thing to put a fish in.
Whoa, don't need to get hostile on me, I never said I condoned this type of betta raising :\
I'm only stating:
  • the bottle can hold up to a gallon
  • people have raised fish in a one gallon container

@Jully: Vodka never come in plastic bottles.

Once again, I never said I condoned this, these are just facts so people don't attack this for the wrong reasons. So far, the heater/space/water changing/shelter are legit reasons to not hold fish in vodka bottles.

It's unfair to attack and make baseless assumptions when the perpetrator can't even defend themselves. Even if they were here, being hostile wouldn't teach them anything either.
shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:53 AM   #20 
ktlelia

I imagine this girl a giant "YOLO" fan that has 40 pictures of herself posing the duckface in a bathroom mirror on her facebook. Ugh. Oh god, there's even Snooki crap on her page. This is the part of tumblr I avoid.
"lololol omg i am suuuch a rebel!!!11! teehee betta fish in vodka bottles i am soooo creative!!!11"
ktlelia is offline   Reply With Quote