Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-20-2012, 11:38 AM   #31 
RoxieStClaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsKourtneyYoC8 View Post
And I'm not sure how much of this is true but I've heard its a sin too.
I wouldn't call it a sin per say, because its mostly about celebrating life. Its just people are dumb and have no idea what that means. Its SUPPOSED to be for things like "Quitting the job I hate for a job that pays less but I know I'll love! YOLO" but instead gets used for idiotic things (that will probably get you fired if your boss ever finds out, and HE WILL because people who shout YOLO post it to twitter) like "Going in to work drunk! YOLO!"

"Torturing a betta so my drinking problem can be decorative! YOLO!"
RoxieStClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #32 
ZackyBear

I shared that link on twitter as well as a few other sites. xD I made a tumbler to do it, too.
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #33 
ktlelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsKourtneyYoC8 View Post
And I'm not sure how much of this is true but I've heard its a sin too.
A sin? What? It's just a stupid phrase kids are saying now because they think it's hip.
Here's a wiki explanation on it even (under the cultural impact section):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YOLO_(m...ultural_impact
ktlelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #34 
ktlelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackyBear View Post
I shared that link on twitter as well as a few other sites. xD I made a tumbler to do it, too.
Haha, highfive!
ktlelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:30 PM   #35 
LadyVictorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxieStClaire View Post

"Torturing a betta so my drinking problem can be decorative! YOLO!"
I was drinking tea when I read this..was...now my tea is in my lap. That was funny but it's sad because I am sure that is totally what is going through their mind. Better call AA on this one.

Meanwhile I took the bottle tank thing into a nicer level. My old tea bottles I had I cleaned one up (took an hour) and sank it in treated water then put it into the tank after cleaning. Aquarius is baffled by this glass cave. He tried to swim through it but learned though you can see through it you can't swim through it. I'll try to get pics, he's pretty much amazed right now by this thing.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #36 
ZackyBear

This was my response. I just slapped together a betta page....now I will have to keep up with it xD

It makes me want to go home and break every bottle I see.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:21 PM   #37 
LadyVictorian

I think Emilie Autumn would have a good line for her...hold on let me find it. Ah yes here it is, Emilie take it away.

"Your accusations are a JOKE, you're credibility is shot so keep your eyes down and your mouth shut, it's the only choice you got."
~Emilie Autumn

I love how she says she is original and one of a kind when in all reality she is the cookie cutter form of modern teenage society. Someone needs to introduce to to Wayward Victorian's. I feel this is a trend brought up by low self esteem and poor care on the parents part.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #38 
ZackyBear

She reminds me of a person who feels like she needs to get attention by acting high and mighty on the internet.

Especially from her blog posts like "Eff feelings" and all of those half-butt quotes she just reposted from the internet.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #39 
LadyVictorian

I feel like this is an appropriate song for those fish to the people like this. I was listening to it and actually cried a little. These fish are so strong to gather the will to go on living in these horrid places and it just reminded me of the inmates inside Victorian Asylums. A lot of them didn't deserve to be there but they fought to survive util the abuse took their frail bodies away. I like to think there will be justice for these fish, that karma will get them back and these animals will haunt their tormentors and destroy their lives through nightmares, making them suffer as they were forced to suffer. Hero's in their own tiny right to teach the world a lesson that we should love creatures in all sizes and shapes...and you know maybe when she swims in the ocean a shark will eat her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azzlg...eature=related
Old 09-20-2012, 03:34 PM   #40 
thekoimaiden
Reference Team

I love this response to her rude comments towards betta enthusiasts. Truly Sophisticat Naive & Senseless Hope: ---- you betta ----. Girl gets serious props in my book!
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote