Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-20-2012, 12:55 AM   #1 
MrCial

Advice for tank swapping

Hey guys,

New member here. I have 2 Bettas that I've had for about 6 months now. They are both healthy and vibrant, and I absolutely love the hobby!

Right now they are both in seperate tanks, a 10 gallon and a 5 gallon. Both tanks are basically identical in water conditions and vegetation/decoration. There are no other fish, they are both alone in their respective tanks.

I've been thinking about possibly swapping the Bettas into the different tanks, so that they have a change of environment.

Any advice? Has anyone else done this, or does anyone do this regularly?

Obviously I don't want to stress them, but it seems like it would be a healthy change to do every 6-9 months to keep things fresh for them. Like I said, both tanks are basically identical except for the size (10, 5 gallons). So I'm curious to see what the general opinion would be.

Here's some photos of my tanks:

10gal

5gal

Thanks!

Last edited by MrCial; 09-20-2012 at 01:00 AM.
MrCial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:49 AM   #2 
LizardFish

I really love your tanks! Very beautiful set up.
I don't think you have to worry too much about stressing the fish out. I assume it would be similar to a water change? I had to switch my male betta 3 times in two weeks, and he was pretty cool with it. I'm sure it would be fine. Just as long as the water is exactly the same as their current water (which you said it was).
LizardFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:15 PM   #3 
goldfishyman

Should not be a problem. There is a risk though, if one fish is sick you may contaminate the other. Usually it is not a problem though.
goldfishyman is offline   Reply With Quote