Roy is very susceptible to disease (he gets sick practically every other week even though I give him the best conditions possible...) The first week I had him he had a very bad case of fin rot from the store, then the next week he was too lethargic to eat, then the week after he got Ammonia poisoning.
I thought this time it was ammonia poisoning too but I may be wrong now. His symptoms have changed.
At first he started out as lethargic and hid in his house all day. Then he became extremely pale colored (he's an HM rainbow colored with very bright blue body and multicolored fins.) and had clamped fins and refused to swim. Then he had symptoms that seemed like partial swim bladder since he would swim sideways and bump into things.
I checked up on him today and found what looks like rust spreading over his body. Very clearly visible and it does not look like dust. He now hangs around on the top of his tank laying on his plant and breathing fairly irregularly. I have never seen the red coloring and it definitely is not natural. His scales also seem to be "fluffed up" a little, like a pine cone.
I've been doing water changes every other day. I feed him smaller amounts of food (if he doesnt eat I remove most of the food) but he seems to get worse. What's happening to my fish? :(