Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-20-2012, 11:41 PM   #1 
Bettanewbie60

Betta #8 another "steal"!

I got my 8th betta today! He will be sharing the new 10g divided tank with the beautiful BF OHM I got the other night. I got my dividers made, light and filter purchased, and then I went to PSP to see the new shipment that came in yesterday. I was glad to see one of my favorite employees on, and not the nasty ones from the other night. She and I talked while I checked out the new ones...I spotted this sweet little cellophane boy whose cup was not yet marked..all of their regular VTs and CTs are on sale for $1 right now. I told her he was the one I wanted and she said, "Wait I have to mark his cup for you"...we got done talking and I walked away. That's when I noticed she had marked him as a regular betta, meaning he was $1...He is actually a DTHM (I think)...I walked back over to her and showed her the difference between him and the VTs, and told her he should be $9.89...she says, "You have more bettas than anyone I know, and I KNOW he will have a great home with you, he will probably die just staying here...take him"! So, once again I got a great deal on what should have been a $10 fish! I can't wait to get him and "Bayou" into the new 10g, which I am adding live plants too also. What a great week for deals...for me and the fish! I'm so happy. Can't wait to get all the new equipment up and running, and get them into their new home. I was also able to get a few more bunch plants on sale for $1 a bunch. Now, where to set up the new tank? OH, and I have to think of another "B" name lol. I think it's safe to say I've gone betta crazy..and I love it!

Last edited by Bettanewbie60; 09-20-2012 at 11:43 PM.
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:49 PM   #2 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettanewbie60 View Post
I got my 8th betta today! He will be sharing the new 10g divided tank with the beautiful BF OHM I got the other night. I got my dividers made, light and filter purchased, and then I went to PSP to see the new shipment that came in yesterday. I was glad to see one of my favorite employees on, and not the nasty ones from the other night. She and I talked while I checked out the new ones...I spotted this sweet little cellophane boy whose cup was not yet marked..all of their regular VTs and CTs are on sale for $1 right now. I told her he was the one I wanted and she said, "Wait I have to mark his cup for you"...we got done talking and I walked away. That's when I noticed she had marked him as a regular betta, meaning he was $1...He is actually a DTHM (I think)...I walked back over to her and showed her the difference between him and the VTs, and told her he should be $9.89...she says, "You have more bettas than anyone I know, and I KNOW he will have a great home with you, he will probably die just staying here...take him"! So, once again I got a great deal on what should have been a $10 fish! I can't wait to get him and "Bayou" into the new 10g, which I am adding live plants too also. What a great week for deals...for me and the fish! I'm so happy. Can't wait to get all the new equipment up and running, and get them into their new home. I was also able to get a few more bunch plants on sale for $1 a bunch. Now, where to set up the new tank? OH, and I have to think of another "B" name lol. I think it's safe to say I've gone betta crazy..and I love it!
Billy Bob Betta? xD
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:51 PM   #3 
sareena79

WOW!!! impressive :) that was really cool of the employee as well and she was correct, hes gonna have a good life with u. cant wait to see pix :) guess u better start googling "b" names again. maybe u will get ot use brodie after all lol
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:15 AM   #4 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by sareena79 View Post
WOW!!! impressive :) that was really cool of the employee as well and she was correct, hes gonna have a good life with u. cant wait to see pix :) guess u better start googling "b" names again. maybe u will get ot use brodie after all lol
LOL... I love that employee! She is a really sweet girl, and listens so intently when I explain anything about betta care, which makes me feel good that she is learning more about her job. I can't wait to get pics of him! Imagine two great fish for under $5 bucks..it has been my week for bargains. You're right, "Brodie" might get used this time..we'll see lol. He is so tiny...I know he's a DT..just not sure on the rest, but I don't care...another betta not in a cup. Funny, hubby told me "no more" after 3! I thinks he's just gotten used to the whole idea of "more bettas are better" lol. I love him for being so supportive. He called me from work earlier and asked if I got everything I needed for the new tank..I'm so blessed.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:17 AM   #5 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShainax View Post
Billy Bob Betta? xD
LOL...so far I have managed to avoid, "Billy Bob"...but, I'm running out of names, so who knows lol.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:17 AM   #6 
xShainax

Might name a betta that. xD
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:10 PM   #7 
DragonFish

Ahhhhh can I just move to your area and get friendly with your LPS too? I want a $10 fish for $1! xD
I'm BEYOND jealous....I have a thing for Cellophane's, one of my all time favorite colors. Haven't been able to bring one home since my very first, a VT who will always have a special place in my heart, though I also have only seen a handful of them in the couple of years since then...
Pictures pictures pictures! I can't want to see this new guy of yours. xD
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:28 PM   #8 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFish View Post
Ahhhhh can I just move to your area and get friendly with your LPS too? I want a $10 fish for $1! xD
I'm BEYOND jealous....I have a thing for Cellophane's, one of my all time favorite colors. Haven't been able to bring one home since my very first, a VT who will always have a special place in my heart, though I also have only seen a handful of them in the couple of years since then...
Pictures pictures pictures! I can't want to see this new guy of yours. xD
LOL..yeah, the deals have been great here lately! I felt kind of bad the other night knowing I was getting a OHM for $3.89..but the girls were so snotty..and to be honest, if they thought he was a normal VT or CT..they overcharged ME! lol...Anyway, I couldn't walk away with this one knowing he was not one of the $1 bettas, I would have felt awful. I'm glad I told her the truth, and that she was so cool about letting me have him anyway. I will get pics up soon..still no name. I have been trying to find a way to set up all of my tanks in the living room...my bedroom is going to be too cool soon. I have heaters, but, I like my room chilly at night. It is still in the 80s and 90s during the day here, so I rejoice in the cool air when it comes. I have a vintage 1972 stereo console that is not working right now..I didn't want to use it for the tanks, but, I think that is what I'm gonna have to do. I'll just pick up a couple plastic table cloths for it...it will be cheaper than trying to buy something else right now, and is long enough for a couple tanks. I am so excited to transform my living room into a fish room! Then I can enjoy them all in one place...yeah.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:07 PM   #9 
toad

hahaha! awesome :D You go girl!

Can't wait for pics, and to find out the baby's name!
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:37 PM   #10 
BettaQi

Yay!
BettaQi is offline   Reply With Quote