Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-20-2012, 08:39 PM   #21 
scurrie11

My CT has a teal iridescence too! I wish I could just like, have everyone from the forums come and see my tanks so they can see how beautiful these fish are. You can kinda see Bleu's iridescence in some of the picture, but not often.
scurrie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:39 PM   #22 
PiscinePeacocks

"@PiscinePeacocks I've had loads of trouble with glare and reflection too, but now I like to turn off all my lights except for the tank's light which helps a lot, and of course keep the flash off.

I use a DSLR, and I love it to death, but I really want to get a macro lens for it so I try taking some closer shots. Maybe I can find a nice lens with a super wide aperture too so I wont have to worry as much about Drogo (or my other 2 boys) staying still long enough....But this may remain as a distant dream, lenses are too stinking expensive >.<"

Thanks for the info! I definitely noticed that I have better luck at night when the sun isn't glaring on the side of the house my fishroom is located. I actually bought black out curtains (lies!), but they aren't very good and decent amount of light still gets in. I use a HD handycam to get my pics, but despite all the lights out, etc.. the light that makes it in from the window still makes it difficult to not get some reflection in the glass (and some color seem to photograph better in natural light, further adding more difficulty to the process). I have tried a polarizing filter and that just made the fish look grainy. I have been unable to find a macro lens to add to the camera, but if I do, I will definitely pick one up. I am not very proficient in photography yet, but my husband is and he also finds them a bit tricky to photograph. So hearing other people's techniques is great and maybe they wont move around so much with a drawn picture of a fish as opposed to another fish next to them in a flaring frenzy. Maybe I need to invest in a good DSLR with more options down the road (and some better black out curtains lol).....
PiscinePeacocks is offline   Reply With Quote