Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-21-2012, 05:54 PM   #51 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shi View Post
Also, I believe that bottle holds a gallon, which some people raise their bettas with. I held a gallon of milk in that bottle before (because I dropped the milk and the milk bottle exploded lol)

It doesn't look like a lot of space compared to a one gallon bowl though...haha
The Bettas only stay their a few months.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:57 PM   #52 
VictorP

The worst thing is, they probably don't even care what we think.
VictorP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:09 PM   #53 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorP View Post
The worst thing is, they probably don't even care what we think.
Because they are ignorant and do not care. The person said we know nothing about fish. S/he should look in a mirror.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:05 AM   #54 
Luimeril

no need ta diss the person. :I yeah, it's horrid, but you know how strongly the myth that bettas can live in anything is here in the US. people jumping on her caused her to get defensive and lash out. she might actually care about the fish, ya know. often, if you just calmly explain why it's wrong, and suggest ways to make the fish's living conditions better, they listen. as i said, i've seen it done many times on youtube because i calmly explained things to people.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:32 AM   #55 
Basement Bettas

Guess ya'll never saw how they raise these fish.. by the thousands..

They DONT need much room and if you keep them warm, well fed and take care of their water this IS all they need.
Basement Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:34 AM   #56 
Luimeril

and people seem to forget breeders, who house them in tanks smaller than a gallon.

difference in breeders, and random people like the gal from the blog?

breeders keep them warm, and keep up with water changes. people like that gal, are stuck learning the myth that they like small, dirty tanks, don't need water changes until the water looks dirty, don't need heaters.....
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:36 AM   #57 
Basement Bettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
Because they are ignorant and do not care. The person said we know nothing about fish. S/he should look in a mirror.
Don't care who is attacking who. It flat out is not nice. You have no idea who that person is and calling them ignorant makes you look like an a$$. I'm surprised the thread has not been locked with this nonsense going on. Sure make people want to be here.

And they need to behave too. A public forum is no place for bad mouthing others. Take it private or stay off the computer.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:39 AM   #58 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Bettas View Post
Guess ya'll never saw how they raise these fish.. by the thousands..

They DONT need much room and if you keep them warm, well fed and take care of their water this IS all they need.
How do they get them in those bottles? O.o
xShainax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:41 AM   #59 
Basement Bettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsKourtneyYoC8 View Post
And I'm not sure how much of this is true but I've heard its a sin too.
SIN? Are you kidding? You gonna tell me scriptures apply here. All commandments boil down to two. Love G-d with all you are and love your neighbor as yourself. Most of what I am reading on this post makes all ya'll sinners on the second one. If you can not obey the second you are no where near the first.

I suggest you worry more about the plank in your eye instead of the splinter in theirs.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:07 AM   #60 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimeril View Post
and people seem to forget breeders, who house them in tanks smaller than a gallon.

difference in breeders, and random people like the gal from the blog?

breeders keep them warm, and keep up with water changes. people like that gal, are stuck learning the myth that they like small, dirty tanks, don't need water changes until the water looks dirty, don't need heaters.....
the big difference there is that when breeders put them in small containers, it's almost always very young (read smaller) fish, the water conditions are well tended, and they're not meant as permanent homes. those bettas in their quart jars are there while they grow up enough to be sold (or gifted), and then given a proper tank once they reach their permanent owners. it's like the plants you see at a home depot: yes, those trees and bushes need more root room than the little planter pot they're in, but they're kept in an economy of space until then, because nobody wants to have to devote an acre of store space just to sell a few rose bushes.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote